Ephebopus Cyanognathus

chris808

Arachnopeon
I have a 3/4 inch DLS sling that molted 7 days ago. I made a mistake and tried to feed it to soon and it refused the meal. I got out the roach, but had to prod the bottom of the burrow and ever since then, the sling will not return to its burrow. For the first 5 days, it was only stationary on the lid of the enclosure. It has now moved to the substrate but not the burrow. The substrate is damp, and the enclosure is a 160oz deli cup. I am thinking that I just stressed it out but maybe someone wants to chime in. Thanks in advance.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Don’t get too much stress, by over thinking that you stressed your tarantula. You and your tarantula are both fine.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It'll either reoccupy the burrow or seek an alternative.

They will sometimes behave arboreally as slings, I gave mine enough sub to burrow but also height and anchor points, he didn't burrow at all until he passed an inch and a half, he opted to make a web tube along the side of the enclosure instead.

chris808

Arachnopeon
It'll either reoccupy the burrow or seek an alternative.

They will sometimes behave arboreally as slings, I gave mine enough sub to burrow but also height and anchor points, he didn't burrow at all until he passed an inch and a half, he opted to make a web tube along the side of the enclosure instead.
Arboreally! Sweet, I did provide anchor points as well as enough substrate for the little guy to burrow. Time will tell which route it will take. Thanks for the reply.

chris808

Arachnopeon
Little guy passed away. Abdomen was shriveled up and the springtails were having a meal of it. This was my first death out of 25 tarantulas. R.I.P.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Be at ease on yourself. Nothing you described as far as your actions physically traumatized your spider. Without knowing particulars, I’m going to throw out that it sounds like a bad molt internally, e.g., sucking stomach issue.

chris808

Arachnopeon
Be at ease on yourself. Nothing you described as far as your actions physically traumatized your spider. Without knowing particulars, I’m going to throw out that it sounds like a bad molt internally, e.g., sucking stomach issue.
Thanks for that. Im now about 2 years into this hobby. Prior to my first purchase, I was totally afraid of spiders. I started watching a few Youtubers and the fascination began. Now, 24 later, I am even more intrigued than ever.