ENTIRE collection disposed of !!!

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm very sorry to hear about this. I can't imagine what that must feel like. Now while a mental issue could be the case this seems like it was done with an intent, I would take the whole 'of no importance' thing as a way of saying if they were important you should have gotten them sooner.

If you feel this was the case then by all means give her a bill, she may not pay for it, but she will probaly never understand the emotional connection you had for the spiders. Putting a finicial value of them in front of her would give them some value in her eyes and possibly help her understand how wrong what she did was.

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh NO! That's so horrible. :( I don't think I'd ever be able to speak civilly to her again.

HUGS. :(

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
God, what a crazy old bat! :mad:

Sorry for your loss. :(

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Okay... first of all thank you so much for the outpoor of kind words, and for any future posts,
for the condolences and for the comments and the phone calls (you know who you are ;) )...

I am seeing I have a few PMs there and will get to those shortly...

In response to a few of the posts on here, I would like to say,

Yes she did it out of some form of spite, and 'on purpose', if you will...
she didn't throw out anything else of mine, this time or since I moved,
(I've gone back 2-3 times and nothing's ever gone.) She even made like 'icky'
motions like she was disgusted when she told me they were gone.

This was done on purpose and not out of real ignorance. Her ignorance is more like
'oh those hairy bugs'..

She didn't throw away or get rid of my TV. My box of shoes...
she specifically got rid of the tarantulas, and even waited for the specific
day BEFORE the garbage truck comes by.

As for this seeking to rescue idea, these trucks, I mean I am in NY,
they crush once they've done a few city blocks and are full. (Cannot even IMAGINE! ugh)

Also , again mentioning that I'm in NY, not sure how that'd play out with any
kind of pressing charges or calling animal police or sueing or anything of that nature.
They're not exactly sold or commonly kept here..
what else, what else..

Yes I have thought of acting on this, one way or another, but haven't yet,
and no me and my grandmother did not have a good relationship, nor was it bad.
She was simply like, "the old lady I lived with', or 'payed once a month' type of thing...
we didn't really have a relationship like friends or even family, we didn't eat together or anything...
I was out by 8am most days, and got back around 7-8pm,
an hour or so AFTER she's already in bed, or at least retreated into her bedroom...
so we never really saw each other much.

She knew of my tarantulas, about my fascination with them. It's known in my whole family.
I did find out she's upset with my dad because I called him about it, and he was outraged also,
mind you he hates 'pets' of any kind, and he still couldn't believe her course of action.
He said he's not sure if their 'beef' had anything to do with this.

As for her mental state, she's fine.
She is an evil old woman, that's all this is.

My dad told me to go there and get the rest of my belongings and that he would understand
if I never spoke to her ever again. That he is almost at that point himself.
This is crazy... I am outraged...

Thank you again everyone, for offers and for everything ...

so so sad

HaploFool

No longer a pet hole
Arachnosupporter
SOOOOOO sorry to hear about this. I think I'd need to be committed if that or anything even remotely similar happened to my collection. My deepest condolences!

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, like you said before, those should have gone first, but you already know that so... the next option may be that the garbage man saw them and took them... that is very likely so you could still see what truck came that day and find out who was on it, speak to them and maybe see if they took them? Contacting them probably would have been my very first course of action (well, after giving g-mom a piece or two of my mind).

It would be really difficult, I can't imagine nor do I want to. I hope you'll be able to get a new collection set up and love it just as much as you did the last.

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm really sorry to hear about your collection. I have a couple of L. parahybana and P. murinus slings, and a G. rosea sling you can have. PM me if you want them.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm very sorry she misunderstood the meaning these tarantulas had. I'm sure that doesn't really help, but don't get tarantulas too soon after this.

My mom did this before with my bugs (she's given up after realizing I wasn't going to "outgrow it.") I couldn't even go outside and look for more after loosing my cute caterpillars, spiders and one big Jeruselum cricket - it was frankly depressing.

At the same time, don't let it get your hopes up completely with something you love doing. :)

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sue that evil witch!!! There has to be some sort of retribution since apparently she did this out of spite. Old ladies do "fall" fairly often if you catch my drift.:D I teared up as well hearing about this.

Krazy Kat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That was a messed up thing to do to someone, that's for sure.Sorry for what has happened to you:( .People look at a spider collections like it's a bunch of pests in a jare and don't realize we love them like they love their dogs and cats.Our bugs are our pets!!

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow.... What she did was beyond a nasty thing to do. I would expect at the very least some kind of financial compensation from her. I'm very very very sorry for you loss. I'm at a loss for words. Your story has me livid. The fact you havent reacted irrationaly makes you a saint. I send you a hug from cyber space.

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
T's viewed as pets

That was a messed up thing to do to someone, that's for sure.Sorry for what has happened to you:( .People look at a spider collections like it's a bunch of pests in a jare and don't realize we love them like they love their dogs and cats.Our bugs are our pets!!
Where I live(an apartment)Dogs and Cats are pets not T's....they charge people a-lot of money to keep a dog or cat here but not a spider BUT when the bug guy comes to spray for pest do you think they will give a flip about my T's....Uh NO!

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
YES! You just don't do that! Her reference was
'oh you mean those little half-filled jars of dirt you had?'...
I mean OMG I am so pissed!
Not to mention that my adults were in those very cool acrylic cages...
what a loss..
I'm more sad than pissed obviously but man has my blood been boiling...
ugh..
even my people that hate spiders respect my thing for them...

Krazy Kat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
YES! You just don't do that! Her reference was
'oh you mean those little half-filled jars of dirt you had?'...
I mean OMG I am so pissed!
Not to mention that my adults were in those very cool acrylic cages...
what a loss..
I'm more sad than pissed obviously but man has my blood been boiling...
ugh..
even my people that hate spiders respect my thing for them...
You know it's bad for anyone to do something like this but it's really bad when someone in your family would do this.Living with your grandmother I'm sure she knew how you felt about your collection.There was no point in it except to just hurt you.:mad:

Sr. Chencho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Srta. Bianca:

I'm so sorry to hear about your lose. Those who act in evil ways always pay dearly at the end. Don't mean to wish bad things onto anyone, but hey, give us a break.

I hope you'll get over this soon, and that someday you'll acquire replacements down the road. If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask.

Fredster

Shadosia

Arachnopeon
Stupid

That's horrible! Not only for the fact that they were your personal 'property' but to just toss out animals. "Creepy crawlies" or not, they're still animals. SUE! I say SUE!

Luiscifer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There is nothing I can say that hasn't been said already on the last few pages. We ALL feel ur loss. Ppl outside of our circle just don't realize how much these little guys mean to us.
My heart goes out to u. Im also in NY and I have something that im sure will make u happy. He is Violet and is from india. Oh and did I mention he has 8 little legs? Contact me.

bdprice1968

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry for the lose of you babies. My two G. roseas have been together the last couple of days, if Charlotte is with, ill send you a couple. PM me for email and I can let you know if she is with.
B