Enough to make you lose it

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
So, after all I know about how obt's are escape artists, I still haven't got it through my head to make sure that their enclosures are well secured before going to bed. Suffice to say, one got lose last night, as if that wasn't enough to send my stress levels though the roof thinking of all the places a smaller sub adult obt could be, I find this after turning over one of my Exo Terra's looking for her:

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well after doing a role call, and feeling like I must have lost my mind, if one got out long enough to make such a huge web and molt without me knowing they're missing, I have concluded that this wasn't actually my T's that had gone missing. This Exo Terra I bought used from a LPS a long time ago, so apparently they lost a versicolor some time before.

Oh, and I also found the missing obt, she started making a web underneath another Exo Terra of mine. They really seem to like those little nooks on these XD

naychur

Arachnosquire
Glad you found it! Now I think I will go home and put velcro on my OBTs enclosure to keep it shut! :eek:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Glad you found her, nowadays I always make sure my OBT can't escape I've seen her try twice so far, ages a go, I used a heavy dictionary it seems to work, not used it for while though.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks guys, I was relieved to have found her so quickly. Honestly, I kind of thought it would be too hard for her to escape her enclosure, since the top is acrylic which is really slick, and the vent which I feed her through was on, just not secured, so she would have to do some pretty good climbing, and manipulating of the top to get out. (I tend to put their tops back on after a feed, but only gently put them back without snapping as to not startle them and make them drop their food, which a few have done as of late.) Guess I should have known better with an obt.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
They do like to try everything in their environment even escape lol.