Encyocratella olivacea, what do you love/hate about them?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Idiothele mira was really an eye opener for me, and got me interested in ‘Baboon’ tarantulas. While there are many Baboon kind tarantulas, I specifically grew fond of Encyocratella olivacea.

Hopefully many pro/experts who walked way before me may share some of their knowledges about this beautiful tarantula.

Encyocratella olivacea, what do you love/hate about them?

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
Never kept them but I like that they have contrasting femurs like some Ornithoctoninae.

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
Its from subfamily Stromatopelminae so I guess its kind of similar to H. maculata or S. calceatum. Am I right? Its really great looking spider.

(never kept it, but I will some day:)

boina

Lady of the mites
They look fantastic.

They are also rather fast, skittish and mine has a tendency to bolt - forward. Attack as a defense mechanism. Add a very potent venom to that and you have one of the most advanced tarantulas in my opinion, right up there with the other Stromatopelminae (Heteroscodra, Stromatopelma). They are significantly smaller than H. mac and Stromatopelma, though.

In contrast to almost all other baboon tarantulas they need more moisture and they like cooler temps.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Trust Kezy, and buy that God Damn It 'Baboon', man, because... remember this always: 'di doman non c'è certezza' - said once by a 'no one' like Lorenzo il Magnifico :bored: