Enclosures

freetosting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey ppl, if you don't mind can you post pics of your enclosures for your snakes so I can get a better idea on how to set one up and how to maintain it. I got the basics but some extra stuff and good pics would give me some ideas. Thnx. Peace.

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wellll.....first I need to know what snake, and what size of snake you plan on getting. but anyway, my enclosures are insanely simple.

Look at my sand boa cage for instance

That is the sand boa, and he just has the log, the dish, and another 2 sq ft of sand to burrow in.

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Size

Hi

Since I have a Burmese python with the size it will get I have already planned my cage in advance.

I will have a cage that will fit it for the size now and when it grows.

My cage right now is good for a 3 feet snake to streatch out easy and even a 5 feet size will be fine in my cage right now.

Think in advance of size and there will be no problems. :)

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by freetosting
Hey ppl, if you don't mind can you post pics of your enclosures for your snakes so I can get a better idea on how to set one up and how to maintain it. I got the basics but some extra stuff and good pics would give me some ideas. Thnx. Peace.
I like to use calci-sand for my "cleaner" snakes.......my messier snakes get a pelleted aspen product (it smells nice, absorbs odors very well, and has very low dusting). all have clean water available at all times (with the exception of a rosy boa, its water dish is shallow enough so that the water evaporates within two days). I use fake cactus for the desert sp. and others get silk plants. my ball python is in a 4' tall by 2' square glass reptile style enclosure with a sliding screen top and sliding screen front access door, there is a 5' long and thick piece of grape wood that the BP climbs all over on. I use resin tree branches and roots that you can find @ petco, petsmart for the other snakes to climb on and for them to rub on to help them start their sheds. I will try to get some pictures up for you.
Ed

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I always provided two hides, one heated with undertank heater, one not, aspen bedding (but ALWAYS fed in a seperate enclosure) and some branches for climbing, substrate deep enough to burrow in...... I preferred to keep it simple also...