Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

buzz182

Arachnosquire
Hello this is my first post so please be kind, I believe I am posting in the right area please move my post if not.

I’d like to post the start to finish of my GBB exoterra oldschool alien taking over gas-station scene.

This was a lot of work and diligence, and I’m very excited about the final product. Please do give suggestions

My spider is a green bottle blue I’ve had from the size of a dime. I still am unsure of the sex, they’ve just molted before moving into the new inclosure (I waited a week and a half before doing anything)
Please update When He/she has redecorated, looks great.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Here my new eclosures for the G. Pulchra and the A.Geniculata.

The pebbles are they basking spot. Beneath that is the heat mat. They provide a very good place to bask, and maintains very good the heat.

IMG_20181001_151519__01.jpg IMG_20181002_004626.jpg IMG_20181001_150855.jpg IMG_20180831_224849.jpg

Last edited:

Sander DM

Arachnopeon
Bioactive desert vivarium with custom background. This is first time I build a desert type biotope. I haven't moved my tarantula in yet. received_191300665100681.jpeg

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Be careful with the prongs, if they are the hard ones, if the tarantula falls on them could hurt the tarantula.

Sander DM

Arachnopeon
Be careful with the prongs, if they are the hard ones, if the tarantula falls on them could hurt the tarantula.
Hi, I took this in consideration and all the prongs are of the soft type. I can easily hold or press the cacti and they will bend not sting.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Hi, I took this in consideration and all the prongs are of the soft type. I can easily hold or press the cacti and they will bend not sting.
Nice!
I would add some natural dry grass, they look great with that

Sander DM

Arachnopeon

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Nice tanks! I'm planning to build something like this for my second spider. Do you have any pictures of the building process or any tips?
No images sorry! But tips of course:

First of all I make an idea of how I want it to be the enclosure.

Then after a storm I look for some driftwoods in the beach. You can buy them too, but being from thailand I think is going to be pretty easy to get some wood xD. Then I sterilize the woods boiling them and re-heating it in the oven until it dries completely.

After that, I make the blend of the substrates, for me, the best one is a mix of unfertilized (very important) soil and a mix of cocofiber. I use 2/3 of soil and 1/3 of coco fiber. This creates a natural looking soil and maintains good levels of humidity if necesary.

Next I put all the woods in the enclosure to get an idea of what I want. I put a first layer of substrate and then I put the woods carefully, because they need to stay firm. Add more layers of substrare to create different heights in the enclosure. During this part I usually add the plants on it.

Finally, I add some biomass to the soil. I mix a part of the soil with springtails and isopods. They get rid of any organic waste in the enclosure, keeping it clean and oxygenated.

Sander DM

Arachnopeon
No images sorry! But tips of course:

First of all I make an idea of how I want it to be the enclosure.

Then after a storm I look for some driftwoods in the beach. You can buy them too, but being from thailand I think is going to be pretty easy to get some wood xD. Then I sterilize the woods boiling them and re-heating it in the oven until it dries completely.

After that, I make the blend of the substrates, for me, the best one is a mix of unfertilized (very important) soil and a mix of cocofiber. I use 2/3 of soil and 1/3 of coco fiber. This creates a natural looking soil and maintains good levels of humidity if necesary.

Next I put all the woods in the enclosure to get an idea of what I want. I put a first layer of substrate and then I put the woods carefully, because they need to stay firm. Add more layers of substrare to create different heights in the enclosure. During this part I usually add the plants on it.

Finally, I add some biomass to the soil. I mix a part of the soil with springtails and isopods. They get rid of any organic waste in the enclosure, keeping it clean and oxygenated.
Thanks I use about the same methods and yeah wood is dirt-cheap at petstores here :p