1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by Arachnoboards, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Whitelightning777

Whitelightning777 Arachno-heretic

Advertisement
    Nicely done!! It'll look pretty radical once it's webbed up.

2. Lumina

Lumina Arachnosquire

Arboreal / Terrestrial

My two arboreal enclosures (housed for a 3/4" and 1" Avicularia Purpurea slings)

Terrestrial enclosure is for my 1" Brachypelma Albilosum

Substrate is EcoEarth coconut fiber

Attached Files:

3. buzz182

buzz182 Arachnosquire

Please update When He/she has redecorated, looks great.

4. Dorifto

Dorifto Arachnopeon

Here my new eclosures for the G. Pulchra and the A.Geniculata.

The pebbles are they basking spot. Beneath that is the heat mat. They provide a very good place to bask, and maintains very good the heat.

IMG_20181001_151519__01.jpg IMG_20181002_004626.jpg IMG_20181001_150855.jpg IMG_20180831_224849.jpg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. Sander DM

Sander DM Arachnopeon

Bioactive desert vivarium with custom background. This is first time I build a desert type biotope. I haven't moved my tarantula in yet. received_191300665100681.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dorifto

Dorifto Arachnopeon

Nice setup!!
    Are the cactus naturals?

7. Sander DM

Sander DM Arachnopeon

Yes all cactus and succulents are live plants. Thanks I'm quite satisfied with it as well.

8. Dorifto

Dorifto Arachnopeon

Be careful with the prongs, if they are the hard ones, if the tarantula falls on them could hurt the tarantula.

9. Sander DM

Sander DM Arachnopeon

Hi, I took this in consideration and all the prongs are of the soft type. I can easily hold or press the cacti and they will bend not sting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dorifto

Dorifto Arachnopeon

Nice!
    I would add some natural dry grass, they look great with that

11. Sander DM

Sander DM Arachnopeon

I will be looking for this in the next few days but I think it will be a little hard to find here.

12. Dorifto

Dorifto Arachnopeon

You can do it yourself very easily. Take a grass, put it upside down. Let it dry xD

13. Sander DM

Sander DM Arachnopeon

I'm currently living in Bangkok not much grass here XD

14. Dorifto

Dorifto Arachnopeon

May the grass be with you hahahahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sander DM

Sander DM Arachnopeon

Nice tanks! I'm planning to build something like this for my second spider. Do you have any pictures of the building process or any tips?

16. Dorifto

Dorifto Arachnopeon

No images sorry! But tips of course:

First of all I make an idea of how I want it to be the enclosure.

Then after a storm I look for some driftwoods in the beach. You can buy them too, but being from thailand I think is going to be pretty easy to get some wood xD. Then I sterilize the woods boiling them and re-heating it in the oven until it dries completely.

After that, I make the blend of the substrates, for me, the best one is a mix of unfertilized (very important) soil and a mix of cocofiber. I use 2/3 of soil and 1/3 of coco fiber. This creates a natural looking soil and maintains good levels of humidity if necesary.

Next I put all the woods in the enclosure to get an idea of what I want. I put a first layer of substrate and then I put the woods carefully, because they need to stay firm. Add more layers of substrare to create different heights in the enclosure. During this part I usually add the plants on it.

Finally, I add some biomass to the soil. I mix a part of the soil with springtails and isopods. They get rid of any organic waste in the enclosure, keeping it clean and oxygenated.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sander DM

Sander DM Arachnopeon

Thanks I use about the same methods and yeah wood is dirt-cheap at petstores here :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dorifto

Dorifto Arachnopeon

What a luk, here here a simple drift wood 20x20cm 20-40€...

19. Sander DM

Sander DM Arachnopeon

I pay mine that size about 3-5€ here haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sander DM

Sander DM Arachnopeon

Just put my Mexican red knee inside and the cactus are growing really fast. received_1896239540431340.jpeg received_260326971341257.jpeg

• Like Like x 1