Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Dillonslayer

Arachnopeon
10 Gallon tank for Arboreal Aviculari Aviculari I styled it after the Alien (1979) Franchise as it is my favorite movie series. Action figure of Predator to keep my spider safe of course... message if this is a good home fory young T IMG_20160302_141253.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
10 Gallon tank for Arboreal Aviculari Aviculari I styled it after the Alien (1979) Franchise as it is my favorite movie series. Action figure of Predator to keep my spider safe of course... message if this is a good home fory young T View attachment 206429
This the WRONG type of setup for an arboreal T. It's completely wrong/terrible. Please look up Avic setups across the forum (including 2 posts above yours) and you will see you have a terrestrial setup.

I would also do A LOT of research reading the forums on Avics. The type of setup you have indicates you haven't done this to the extent that you should have if at all.

Man, this is terrible.

Your T will absolutely do poorly in this setup.

Echolalia

Arachnosquire
New house for my G. pulcra!
(I don't know if I should add more substrate? Its 5.5" between the lid and the ground and his legspan is between 4.5"-5" depending on how stretched out he is).

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
(I don't know if I should add more substrate? Its 5.5" between the lid and the ground and his legspan is between 4.5"-5" depending on how stretched out he is).
I'd add more sub, and I'd get rid of that screen top. That tank is not ideal for tarantulas as they often get caught on the screen. You'd be better off with an acrylic lid.

You MAY be able to cut away the screen and put a piece of acrylic in place, thus allowing you to keep the plastic lid's frame, in case you haven't already done so.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
Enclosure for my female 3.5" G. Pulchripes, measures 10x10x10" (i removed the plastic frame that holds the lid for easier viewing)

Since this is my first T, any criticism is greatly appreciated. Specifically, I wonder if my water dish is too big and if there is enough substrate to prevent a bad fall. Thanks in advance.

DSC_9354-2.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Enclosure for my female 3.5" G. Pulchripes, measures 10x10x10" (i removed the plastic frame that holds the lid for easier viewing)

Since this is my first T, any criticism is greatly appreciated. Specifically, I wonder if my water dish is too big and if there is enough substrate to prevent a bad fall. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 206782

Nice T. I'd give the T more floor space if I was you. Sure it will live, but it wont' thrive in there.

Distance from sub floor to lid of container is best at 1.5-2x their DLS.

The dish isn't too big, but it doesn't need to be that big. I'd give your T a smaller, but deeper water dish so it doesn't evaporate as fast, thus reducing how often you have to fill it up. It's not mandatory mind you, just might make things easier for you.

I use these, and I get them at the Dollar Star, for 0.99cents, not the rip off price you see on eBay!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Day-Weekl...nizer-Round-Stackable-Container-/131575097000

I also use the small size ExoTerra water bowls and sink them into the sub a bit to make it easier for the Ts to drink.

I'd also drop in some cork bark flats, one or two pieces to vary up the terrain, optional, but my Chaco loves her cork bark flat.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
Nice T. I'd give the T more floor space if I was you. Sure it will live, but it wont' thrive in there.

Distance from sub floor to lid of container is best at 1.5-2x their DLS.

The dish isn't too big, but it doesn't need to be that big. I'd give your T a smaller, but deeper water dish so it doesn't evaporate as fast, thus reducing how often you have to fill it up. It's not mandatory mind you, just might make things easier for you.

I use these, and I get them at the Dollar Star, for 0.99cents, not the rip off price you see on eBay!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Day-Weekl...nizer-Round-Stackable-Container-/131575097000

I also use the small size ExoTerra water bowls and sink them into the sub a bit to make it easier for the Ts to drink.

I'd also drop in some cork bark flats, one or two pieces to vary up the terrain, optional, but my Chaco loves her cork bark flat.
I've actually got a small piece of cork bark, I'll remove the ruins and fit it in. One of the reasons why I wasn't set on the water dish was the amount of space it takes up, so going to look into the options you suggested. Thanks for the help!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A reasonable distance from sub surface to lid is 1.5x the Ts DLS.

Is that a screen lid you have on there? The typical tank product you have comes with a screen lid. If so, you really should replace it or your T might end up getting caught in the screen by its tarsal claws. Losing a leg, or worse dying.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've actually got a small piece of cork bark, I'll remove the ruins and fit it in. One of the reasons why I wasn't set on the water dish was the amount of space it takes up, so going to look into the options you suggested. Thanks for the help!

No problem.

Praxibetelix

Arachnosquire
This is for Blue Death Feigning Beetles x 4. They belong to my daughter, so the pink jar was her touch lol. They seem happy and like to use the shade and hides available. The white paper with the drawing is her rendition of the largest beetle, Goliath, it is taped to the outside of the enclosure.
new bdfb setup.jpg

Mauri

Arachnoknight
Enclosure for the largest arboreals

IMG_0604.JPG

Bit of a chopper. First try and was a bit of a nightmare...few mistakes but overall I think a pretty good attempt.

Gonna fill it with subs etc and do a dry run and the current inhabitant needs at least 4 yrs I reckon to grow into it. In fact might even leave it till then...unless I see a good offer on a juvenile sp.Amazonica.

(reason I included the drawer because you use that or a mitre board in the construction). ((was pure coincidence and a brain wave from me to use..but trusting in my local carpentry I knew it was a perfect right angle)).

She is a beauty! (and def a beast).

Last edited:

Solsurfer

Solsurfer
H
Enclosure for the largest arboreals

View attachment 209059

Bit of a chopper. First try and was a bit of a nightmare...few mistakes but overall I think a pretty good attempt.

Gonna fill it with subs etc and do a dry run and the current inhabitant needs at least 4 yrs I reckon to grow into it. In fact might even leave it till then...unless I see a good offer on a juvenile sp.Amazonica.

(reason I included the drawer because you use that or a mitre board in the construction). ((was pure coincidence and a brain wave from me to use..but trusting in my local carpentry I knew it was a perfect right angle)).

She is a beauty! (and def a beast).
High quality .good one . Its a bit of work converting those and furnishing. Takes some time but well worth it and relatively cheap .

Mauri

Arachnoknight
H

High quality .good one . Its a bit of work converting those and furnishing. Takes some time but well worth it and relatively cheap .
Yes def worth it looks quite professional. Although few of my holes were a bit badly done, I did them by hand (took two days). I'd recommend an electric drill but always test on an off cut. (so you know you arent going to get any cracks).

And the glue is really expensive £15 (so what $22?) But I could probably make another ten cases out of it. I might make a smaller one for say a Versicolor and a Terrestial one for a B Annitha or Ap Chalcodes. I think for a burrower might be a bit of a waste of effort.

I think my total costs were around £60 (but it's 10inchesx10x20 and 6mm thick). Also if I could have got the hinges from the same company would have saved me a bit as well.