Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

sweetypie

Arachnoknight
A two door Coca-Cola cooler rigged for the humidity loving tarantula species and the dry species sit up top.
Aquarium humidity helps in the winter.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Wow sweety ivseenmany coolers made into incubators for herps.. But humidity keepers for Ts? Thats new xD

Liverwort

Arachnopeon
My enclosures for my centipedes-to-be :) The pics are in the attachments of this post. DSC_0106.jpg DSC_0107.jpg DSC_0110.jpg DSC_0111.jpg DSC_0113.jpg

I had 4 more, but I can't add them all in this post.

armyangel93

Arachnopeon
I'm anxiously awaiting my first T so I've been looking at this thread to calm myself and get ideas for enclosures, at the same time! Here's what I have so far for my A. chalcodes but it isn't done yet:

10012095_10154066210729278_6178335225532938999_o.jpg

Also, don't mind the mess around the enclosure -- I've been moving quite a bit of stuff around the past couple days to make room for my new arrival.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Only changes I would say for that enclosure is to take off the light, and add more substrate, also make sure the substrate is bone dry before putting the T in.

armyangel93

Arachnopeon
Only changes I would say for that enclosure is to take off the light, and add more substrate, also make sure the substrate is bone dry before putting the T in.
I plan to take the light off, I just had it there for the picture because it's a little dark in my room at the moment. :) And I have another brick and a half sitting out right now that I'll be adding. Thank you for the suggestions!

EDIT: Also, it won't be here until Tuesday at the earliest. Ships out on Monday and I got overnight shipping.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm anxiously awaiting my first T so I've been looking at this thread to calm myself and get ideas for enclosures, at the same time! Here's what I have so far for my A. chalcodes but it isn't done yet:

View attachment 137892

Also, don't mind the mess around the enclosure -- I've been moving quite a bit of stuff around the past couple days to make room for my new arrival.
I'd go for a different sub, something a bit more what they walk on if possible.

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just made this enclosure for my A.avic. Made out of a snapware container that was designed to hold yarn. Found it at Jo Anne's Fabric.
avicularia.jpg

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I thought the mess was mandatory. An ultra neat enclosures set up belies deep seated psychological problems in the animal keeper who should immediately seek professional help.

Felidae

Arachnosquire
I thought the mess was mandatory. An ultra neat enclosures set up belies deep seated psychological problems in the animal keeper who should immediately seek professional help.
If it's for me, I counterbalancing with my living room ;)

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
2.5 on edge

Just finished up rehousing my freshly molted A. metallica into its final home, @ 2.5-3 inches.
Her/his old bark was put into new enclosure (2.5gal) after the transfer for safety.
Cant wait till the webbing commences ;)

2015-08-04 17.26.02.jpg
2015-08-04 17.28.17.jpg
2015-08-04 17.28.48.jpg

Kina

Arachnopeon
Becca! I have NEVER been able to find your website, with your link or by looking up "Becca's Tarantulas" either. What's up?

KristinaMG

Arachnosquire
Finally finished my A. avic's adult/permanent enclosure. I had done the basic set up when I first mvoed her in a few weeks ago, but I had plans to add more (fake) plants for climbing and webbing on. Got it done today.

Here's before, when I first moved her in:

And after (now):
close up:

zoomed out:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How often does it use the pipe you have in there, rather does it use the pipe as its permanent home?

KristinaMG

Arachnosquire
How often does it use the pipe you have in there, rather does it use the pipe as its permanent home?
She uses it as her home, so she spends a lot of time in there. I moved her into this enclosure on September 1st. By that same evening she had discovered and claimed the pipe. She comes out for water and to hunt, but otherwise spends most her time there.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She uses it as her home, so she spends a lot of time in there. I moved her into this enclosure on September 1st. By that same evening she had discovered and claimed the pipe. She comes out for water and to hunt, but otherwise spends most her time there.
I had always thought of using a pipe, but honestly didn't think they would take to it, primarily because my terrestrials pretty much ignore whatever I give them. While they are opportunistic, they sure can be picky.

magneto

Arachnoknight
T. Stirmi set up.

Largest set up I ever made. Naturally it is for a large tarantula, a Stirmi. I ordered an adult and therefore built an enclosure for an adult but when I received it it was a lot smaller than anticipated and now the height is an issue. But as there are large soft plants on three sides and nothing hard to land on on the third so think it will be okay. Besides, I have nowhere else to put it.

Before anyone points out that there's hardly any substrate in there, you should know that the terrarium is built into the table/furniture. There is 10 inches of substrate in there.
Although I have about 100 small things I wish I would have done differently or better I'm still kind of happy with this one. :biggrin:

2.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg