Enclosure sizing?

Simon83

Arachnosquire
I have a 1 3/4 inch pulchra sling that seems to be kinda outgrowing her latest enclosure. When she is spread out she takes out a quarter of the enclosure, which right now is a tupperware container. I'd love to get her into a proper terrarium and I have my eye on one that is 9 x 6 x 6.5. Is this going to be too big for her? Right now her enclosure is simply too small for her to have any kind of decent hide so this way I can stick one in.

So what are your thoughts? Is it going to be too big for her right now, even with a hide? I kinda feel bad that she doesn't have anywhere to hide into and always seems to be in a stressed position and runs around crazily if I need to pick up her enclosure for feeding time/maintenance.

SC Tarantulas

Arachnoknight
IMO as long as the conditions are right and you can ensure that the T can find its food, make the enclosure as large as you like. I normally give my T's a minimum enclosure that has a L x W of about 3 to 4 times there leg span or larger. But thats just me.

rockhopper

Arachnosquire
+1 to Brad1980. A large enclosure isn't going to cause the little guy any harm. Prey might find more places to hide, thats about it.

Simon83

Arachnosquire
Thanks guys! I was always under the impression that a huge enclosure would be overwhelming for them and can cause a lot of stress...but if that's not the case then I'll go ahead and get this enclosure.

rockhopper

Arachnosquire
I've heard people say that, but they do live in the wild just fine without walls. As long as there is a place to hide/burrow in the enclosure the T will barricade itself off it it wants tight quarters.