enclosure size

brash

Arachnopeon
i am planning on starting my first habitat for a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, i have plans for a 8x20 or 9x15 cylinder, will this be adequate, like i said being a new to this what lighting should i use

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
cage size depends on the size of the spider. no lighting is needed. Ts dont like light.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Get something with a little more height than you would a normal terrestrial. Give plenty false plants, branches for anchor points and watch the magic happen

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
The T size is the most important part of the equation here. KezyGLA posted a great photo, including dimensions, on a nice setup for a GBB. Nice thread response @KezyGLA .
As far as the lighting, "tarantulas don't like light" is a false statment. To be more specific "bright" light should be avoided. Example: my room is 8'X24' and there is a 25 watt soft white LED lamp used on a timer. A lot of the species are reported to be a "light sensitive" type, i.e. H. maculata. The AF female is in the open 90% of the time, as are the O. violaceopes, while the light is on. A subdued light source will cause zero problems, IME. They will be subjected to light during your feeding and maintenance periods, unless you do it in the darkness. ;)