Enclosure questions for C.versi and Gbb

Fade

Arachnosquire
I may get a 2 inch Caribena versicolor. I want a display enclosure. I have made previous threads but didn't really cover arboreals. I am aware of the exo terra 8x8x12. If I am not mistaken that is a great size for an adult C.versicolor. However they have mesh lids.

Do I have to get rid of the mesh lid? I know that you can go to home depot or lowes and get a cut sheet of plexiglass for it. However how do I make it secure? I would prefer to not have to do anything so is the mesh lid okay? I know they are a no go for terrestrials but what about arboreals.

I may get a 4 inch plus Gbb. I also want a display enclosure.

Is an exo terra breeding box large(16x10x6) good for a full grown Gbb?

How good are they to view the tarantula? I have a 4 inch curly hair in a kritter keeper from petco and have liked it so far; so how does it compare?

I was also thinking of using a 5.5 gallon aquarium but I have questions relating to a diy plexiglass lid. I would go to home depot or lowes and ask a cut size to a 5.5 gallon. Then I would guess any old drill or soldering iron would be okay to drill holes. However how do I make the lid secure so they won't escape?

Thanks for your time.

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
Idk about knitter keepers ore eco terra breeding boxes but I’ve heard good things. For the exoterra it’s reccomend to replace he mesh but honestly for arboreal I think it’s fine but there’s still be that risk.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
i think there was a thread from just a day or two where an avic (arboral) got caught in the mesh while trying to flip for a molt.

i'll see if i can find it.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/thank-you-for-this-morning.308911/#post-2806755

i didn't read the face book conversation but i think it gets summed up well enough in the above thread.

As for affixing the acrylic sheet, you could probably glue or silicone it on or you could zip tie it up. nothing comes to mind that would securely fasten it AND is also 100 reversible but perhapses another member will have a better idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
Here’s my thread about swapping the screen for acrylic if you haven’t found one yet.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/ex...-dual-level-hide-with-viewable-burrow.302527/

Also, I’ve started another swap out, and I’ve found it’s better to just pull the screen out from under the tubular seal, then you can use silicone sealant to adhere the acrylic right to the tubular seal, and then put a layer on top of the acrylic around the edges just for extra security.