Enclosure looking okay?

Albedo

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I'm the proud papa of a little G. pulchra sling. Right now it's about half an inch or so, maybe a little bigger. It's in the sling enclosure from Jamie's Tarantulas, which is about 2" by 2" and 4" tall. I was wondering if my setup is okay? I fill up the water dish every week or so but it inevitably gets knocked over at night whenever I fill it. My little friend has made a burrow in the corner and prefers hanging out in there most of the time.

I just want to make sure my buddy has a good home! Thank you for any tips.

Attachments

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
I have a couple of those enclosures and they are nice but they overwhelmed my sub 1” slings. (Poor feeding and closing off hides)

You should add more substrate so climbing and a fall won’t hurt her.

Maybe a 2oz delicup until over 1”.

Albedo

Arachnopeon
Okay, that sounds like a good idea, thank you! I do like Jamie's enclosure but like you said, the deli cup will probably be better for such a little specimen. If I can ask a few bonus questions .. I would need something like a soldering iron to poke holes in the lid, yes? And do you happen to know where I could get a small pack of cups? I only see really large packs on Amazon, like 100 count or more.

Thank you for the help!

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
I got most if my 2oz cups from vendors for an average of $45 each and they came with free spiders.

I would scout around local food establishments and get some freebies.

A large safety pin and a candle or gas stove works fine for the smaller cups. Some cups are thin enough that you don’t need heat.

Albedo

Arachnopeon
Okay, that's great! I appreciate you spoon feeding me so readily. :p Looking forward to setting up my little guy's new home!

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
I’m re-new to the tarantula game, and the people here have helped me tremendously.

There wasn’t nearly this much information available in the dark ages before the interwebz.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I have a couple of those enclosures and they are nice but they overwhelmed my sub 1” slings. (Poor feeding and closing off hides)

You should add more substrate so climbing and a fall won’t hurt her.

Maybe a 2oz delicup until over 1”.
I second this add more substrate or put it in a terrestrial container more length then height .
Think T that wants to burrow , a large tall deli cup, filled 3\4 with substrate will work if filing this tank with it dosnt.

tewebag

Arachnoknight
If I can ask a few bonus questions .. I would need something like a soldering iron to poke holes in the lid, yes? And do you happen to know where I could get a small pack of cups?
A safer pin, push pin, sewing needle, anything like that works. Walmart sells them. 153232953268720096417.jpg
Pretty sure I paid like $3 for that.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Okay, that sounds like a good idea, thank you! I do like Jamie's enclosure but like you said, the deli cup will probably be better for such a little specimen. If I can ask a few bonus questions .. I would need something like a soldering iron to poke holes in the lid, yes? And do you happen to know where I could get a small pack of cups? I only see really large packs on Amazon, like 100 count or more.

Thank you for the help!
You can use a thumbtack to make holes, or a dril etc etc etc