Enclosure help

Epsilon5

Arachnopeon
A couple of day ago I lost my pet bearded dragon to old age and I’ve been left with a fairly large terrarium (4 foot long, 2 food wide and 5ft tall), instead of getting rid of the terrarium I’m wondering if there are any modifications anybody can suggest in order to allow a Salmon Pink Bird-eater to safely live inside of it without the risk of falls.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
5 feet tall? That would be a lot of filler as you don’t want more than 1.5x the DLS of your spider from substrate to lid.

Epsilon5

Arachnopeon
5 feet tall? That would be a lot of filler as you don’t want more than 1.5x the DLS of your spider from substrate to lid.
Yea it’s not ideal, I’m wondering if there’s any way of simply stopping her from climbing past a point or even dividing the tank somehow.

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Need more information, maybe a picture?
Maybe Convert it into a Containment for Several Species each in They're own seperate enclosures?
Not that complicated.
A couple shelves and You're Golden.
This would also add more security against escapes.
And Keep All of Your New Friends in one area.
Once You keep One creature... there will be more.
By the way,
Sorry about the loss of your Pet Dragon

Last edited:

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
May possible? Gonna depend on how crafty and open you are do doing some pretty complicated diy.... can you lay it on it's back?

Last edited:

Epsilon5

Arachnopeon
May possible? Honna depend on how crafty and open you are do doing some pretty complicated diy.... can you lay it on it's back?
I’m not exactly the best at diy but I could give it a shot, i don’t think I could place it on its back though as it’s quite heavy and I don’t trust the connections holding the glass panels together.

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
Yeah idk the dimensions on that thing are wild.... I think easiest option would be putting it on its back, adding a solid watertight divider in the middle and having two top opening enclosures? I don't think it would be possible to make a terrestrial enclosure with it standing. It's just way to tall.

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
May possible? Gonna depend on how crafty and open you are do doing some pretty complicated diy.... can you lay it on it's back?
A couple boards a few screws or nails, piece of cake... instant shelving.
lol
Or None of the Above...

Last edited:

Glorfindel

Arachnopeon
My Condolence's to You for your loss.
Be comforted in that your Pet Bearded Dragon had a relatively long life.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
You could sell it and buy a lot of tarantulas??
Maybe if you could get closer to retail value out of it. But shipping is really expensive for Ts . I couldn’t sell a 10 gallon cage if I had to. I’m terrible selling stuff. I would just keep it if they’re getting another dragon.

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
I would just keep it if they’re getting another dragon.
"Black Dragon" aka "Asian Water Monitor" aka Varanus Salvator aka Awesome! $2,000 to $3,000
Second only to Komodo Dragon. Imho

Last edited:

Epsilon5

Arachnopeon
Yeah idk the dimensions on that thing are wild.... I think easiest option would be putting it on its back, adding a solid watertight divider in the middle and having two top opening enclosures? I don't think it would be possible to make a terrestrial enclosure with it standing. It's just way to tall.
ill have to see about getting a divider of some kind and trying to fix it slightly higher in the terrarium, i managed to get it on its back but the doors are sliding and require their weight to hold them in their slots so doing that might be an issue.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A couple of day ago I lost my pet bearded dragon to old age and I’ve been left with a fairly large terrarium (4 foot long, 2 food wide and 5ft tall), instead of getting rid of the terrarium I’m wondering if there are any modifications anybody can suggest in order to allow a Salmon Pink Bird-eater to safely live inside of it without the risk of falls.
Get a reptile

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
20 gallon long is the biggest cage I’ve ever housed any tarantula. I no longer have the shelve space it’s not being used.

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
That's just huge for a spider. It would be a great size for a Leachie, though! That's probably where i'd go, or a big arboreal snake.