Enclosure for GBB and Chilean Flame slings

tutac2

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, I am fairly new to tarantulas (this is my first post). After a couple of days of thinking, I decided on getting a Green Bottle Blue and a Chilean Flame. I will be purchasing them as slings at Anatasia: http://www.net-bug.net. Nonetheless, I will continue my research; I want to be somewhat knowledgeable before purchasing them. I am just looking for a little guidance on how to care and what to feed such these little chaps!

I will housing the slings in a deli tub or of similar likes. I am uncertain of what type of substrates to use. Any recommendation will be great. Thank you in advance!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens and Euathlus sp. "red" are both great choices. They should be very easy to keep.

I am just looking for a little guidance on how to care and what to feed such these little chaps!
Tom Moran posted a comprehensive guide on raising slings:

I will housing the slings in a deli tub or of similar likes. I am uncertain of what type of substrates to use. Any recommendation will be great. Thank you in advance!
Coconut fiber, plain topsoil, and peat are all popular options. Whatever you use, make sure it has no pesticides, fungicides, fertilizers, or other additives.

You can also mix them together to get different textures. My GBB is currently on pure coconut fiber, but my newer enclosures use a mixture of 75% peat and 25% coconut fiber, because I like the texture better.

Here is a video from @EulersK that discusses various substrate options:

tutac2

Arachnopeon
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens and Euathlus sp. "red" are both great choices. They should be very easy to keep.

Tom Moran posted a comprehensive guide on raising slings:

Coconut fiber, plain topsoil, and peat are all popular options. Whatever you use, make sure it has no pesticides, fungicides, fertilizers, or other additives.

You can also mix them together to get different textures. My GBB is currently on pure coconut fiber, but my newer enclosures use a mixture of 75% peat and 25% coconut fiber, because I like the texture better.

Here is a video from @EulersK that discusses various substrate options:
Thank you very much. I am checking the videos right now :)

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
If you havent already, you should check out Jamie's Tarantulas, they have a great selection and good enclosures if you want to buy one.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thank you for the suggestion. I will check it out :)
Save yourself some money and buy the boxes from the Container Store, they are the same vendor to both TCS and Jamie's.