Empty 55 Gallon

New Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a 55 gallon that I plan to divide and put in some tarantulas. In another thread, someone had divided a 29 gallon and it turned out really nice and I'd like to do something like that with the 55.

The Ts that I put in should have similar temperature/humidity requirements but I'd like some suggestions on what to get. One section will have a brazilian black and another might have a red knee but, beyond that, I'm open for suggestions. The tank will be enclosed to maintain the temperature/humidity. Thanks in advance.

I thought of using it only for a goliath but it might be too big.

Shox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have my T.Blondi in a 90 gallon...it's not too big at all. As soon as food hits the ground it is dead.

The humidity is a constant 80%, i can raise it to 90 for long periods of time with little effort as well. keeping 85% of the tank top sealed is key to keeping humidity up.

i have a thick layer of substrate, ~12 inches, which she has made sum tunnels/burrows in.

big tank, big T...it's all good.

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that's exactly what i'd do shox... or you could always try putting 10-20 avics in there.. that'd be hype! can you imagine?

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have my T.Blondi in a 90 gallon...it's not too big at all. As soon as food hits the ground it is dead.

Can you please post a picture of your set up? Mine is in a 40 gallon and I thought that was huge!

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
90 gallon? Thats way to big for a T.Blondi even for a full adult one. A 20 gal would probably be better for her because if she was to climb and fall she could get hurt.

Shox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
#1. I'd like to get sum pix on here...I just need to buy a digi cam lol...still waiting on that though =(

#2. I've seen no evidence that this particular T. Blondi can climb glass...i've seen her try about 10x and she just can't do it lol

#3. the tank is NOT too large, given #2, especially since there is only about 10-12 inches of height to it since there is 12 inches of substrate. Big bertha is only about 5.5 inches now (she just molted yay!) and hopefully she will get to be ~10+ and that is perfect given the height of the tank.

if you have any other reasons as to why the tank it too large for my T, please try to convince me lol.

P.S. i did not buy that tank for the T. The tank was sitting around my house empty and i decided to put sumthing in it lol...and it's working =)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Shox, you'll have all sorts of people telling you why it won't work... now you can prove them wrong LOL!
I have a 100 gallon that I'm planning on:
A) dividing it in half, and putting two really big ts in each side
or
B) leaving it as is, and moving my communal pokie group into it

I want to make a really cool habitat, complete with pond and filter, plants, etc.