Emperors sharing food

Prophet

Arachnosquire
So I had this interesting situation happen and I'm wondering if anyone can relate or maybe have input on the matter in general. I have several emperors all housed together. There are 2 females out of 5 that have been inseparable since meeting.

I dropped in a superworm and one of them grabbed it up. She already happened to have one in her mouth as well and since they eat so slowly I was wondering if she'd just hold onto it for hours. About 5-10 minutes later (no longer) I came back and the other female had the same worm. I'm wondering if maybe she actually shared with the other b/c she already had one (or the other one stole it). Either way its interesting to think maybe they actually shared it
DSC_9852.jpg DSC_9882.jpg DSC_9875.jpg

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
So I had this interesting situation happen and I'm wondering if anyone can relate or maybe have input on the matter in general. I have several emperors all housed together. There are 2 females out of 5 that have been inseparable since meeting.

I dropped in a superworm and one of them grabbed it up. She already happened to have one in her mouth as well and since they eat so slowly I was wondering if she'd just hold onto it for hours. About 5-10 minutes later (no longer) I came back and the other female had the same worm. I'm wondering if maybe she actually shared with the other b/c she already had one (or the other one stole it). Either way its interesting to think maybe they actually shared it
View attachment 261179 View attachment 261180 View attachment 261181
It happens sometimes. But mine will start shuddering as soon as they get ahold of a prey item to "warn" off their room mates. I guess mine aren't feeling like "it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor."

Prophet

Arachnosquire
It happens sometimes. But mine will start shuddering as soon as they get ahold of a prey item to "warn" off their room mates. I guess mine aren't feeling like "it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor."
I've seen my males do that moreso than the females in my situations. Very interesting indeed