Emperor Scorplings - help needed

wern101

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone. Greetings from South Africa.

My son's newly acquired Emperor suddenly had babies a week after he got her. There are only 6 babies. (She isn't fully adult yet)

The one baby is continually in her claws, the same one. My son would pick it up, put in on her back and a few hours later its back in her claws. She seems to be 'picking' on it.

Has anyone experienced something similiar? Is this normal behaviour or could something be wrong with the little one?

New at this - any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Scorpions can olny have babies as an adult. So the female may be a bit small, or given small brood but she is indeed an adult.

Most likely for the 1 baby it is not in good health and she will probably eat it to get back nutrients used in giving birth. Scorpions will eat the young if they are stressed or if they will not survive any way. I would let the scorpion be for now otherwise all of the babies have the chance of being eaten. Good luck!

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
If the 1 baby continues to be found on her claw - it probably keeps falling off and mama will try to help it back onto her back. As Brandon stated - its probably due to this baby being a weak baby and she will eat it most likely.
Dont be alarmed if she does eat it or all of them. Thats usually a sign they wouldnt have made it on their own anyways. Best of luck to you and your scorps :)