1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emperor Scorpion enclosure question's / is this an Emperor?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Jeremy Gareau, Mar 17, 2019 at 9:38 AM.

1. Jeremy Gareau

Jeremy Gareau Arachnopeon

Canada
    Advertisement
    So I bought a Scorpion, I'm still learning about these species and I mainly have T's. I usually keep my house temp between the mid 70's and low 80's. So my question as I did purchase a small heat pad if needed and I'm going to put on the side of the tank is, is this needed if my room temperature is in a good space? I know it's better to have a hot and cold side of the tank but where I purchased this guy they just had high temperatures and no pads and Ive heared their also not regulated and can cook them. I just want to make the best decision to ensure the quality of my buddy's happiness (I named it Kuzco lol emperors new groove). Now also another quick question as I was informed the batch of Emperor's we're probably wild caught, I believe it's a juvy it's telson is a white! But also my concern lies with the pet store guy (I know they can be mis-informed) claimed it may not be an Emperor as the tint on it's shell is different as well as it's personality is not like your average emperor. In his words he called it squirrely, and after owning for a day or two I can see why as it's literally a spazz but I don't see why these animal's can't have different personality's then what's listed as their natural norm. I'll upload a picture just in case so there's no doubt but it definitely looks like an Emperor (Still cant sex it either as it's just spazzmatic and does not relax) But I just want to be sure. Thanks for the help in advance everyone!

Attached Files:

2. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoprince Active Member

CA
    Yes, it’s a Pandius species. The heat pad is fine if you place it on the side of the enclosure. I’m not sure the pet store dude is implying, but it’s probably spazzy because it’s in a small box with no hides.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 3:44 PM
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnolord Old Timer

I am not an scorpion guy but i know that much that Pandinus sp has small bumps on the claws, wheras Heterotmetrus sp has smooth claws? Is that right NYAN?

4. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoprince Active Member

CA
    Rounded and granulated claws are good identifying features.