Emperor Scorpion Baby care questions?care for

Frodo240203

Arachnosquire
Hi everyone. Could someone out there please brief me on how to care for an emperor scorpion baby that’s around 3-4cm? Especially the feeding? I just got one as a gift yesterday and there’s nothing much online that provides helpful info on how to care for these things.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
VERY simple - keep it on ample amounts of moist substrate with a piece of cork bark as a hide. Use a bottle cap as a water dish. Keep them warmer, mine does well in the 80 degrees range. I feed mine crickets and meal worms, if he's hungry he snatches it up almost immediately. He'll also scavenge prekilled prey I feed him every few days at his current size, reel back to once a week if he starts looking pudgy. Really no different than feeding tarantulas, and if your scorp isn't too shy it's pretty easy to safely tong feed them. They're really cool little scorpions, enjoy!

This details P. imperator care, although the gravel filtration system isn't really necessary. Basically just do this on a smaller scale, and be sure not to let the enclosure get dry. http://arachnoboards.com/threads/basic-emperor-scorpion-p-imperator-care.11336/

Last edited:

Unchain

Arachnopeon
Yes i have baby emperor scorpions that have already made the first color change to brown phase ,, eight total i have saved from being eaten. Four of them has molted the first time and the other four is pending. I just want to know when to feed the ones that have molted already. Do they harden up much faster with that size or not so i can begin feeding them. Those four that have molted already it's been some weeks but still has that somewhat glossy look. ,,, " here are some pics " !!! Molted_Emperor_Scorpion_.._been_few_days[1].jpg Most_Together_.._molted_and_unmolted[1].jpg

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
Unchain, are you sure those are emperors? Some of those look really light colored, even for freshly molted.

Unchain

Arachnopeon
yes they are emperors ,,,,, when young fresh they were all white with blue eyes ,, now has gotton darker from the latter month , four has molted out of eight and the other four are still pending molt.