Emperor Molt Process

Ludedor24

FangzTv
Old Timer
I've noticed a lot of posts about is my emperor molting /whats wrong with my emperor/ can you tell if its in pre molt ...etc etc.. Hopefully these pictures will help you see what pre-molt looks like for an Emperor

These are all of the same specimen I named Pinchy.

This is the scorpion during a normal non molt state.

This is the scorpion fattened up still not in a molt stage yet.

This is the scorpion starting to get much fatter , very begining of pre molt. You can start to see how wide it is getting.

This is the scorpion enlarging, you can see the plates on the top are just starting to spread. This is about two weeks after the last photo

This is the scorpion pretty much in full Pre-molt. This is a week or so since the last photo.

This is a few days before the molt happened. As you can see it is fully enlarged.

Here is Pinchy freshly molted!

Most important part is to keep the temp and humidity up so that the scorpion will not have trouble molting. Just keep in mind if your emperor looks like one of the first two photos it is most likely not in pre molt. Accompanied with sluggishness the emperor may refuse to eat but this is not a good sign as emperor scorpions are very picky eatters. Once I saw the pre molt start it was about 3 weeks to a month until Pinchy finally molted.

(some of these pictures were taken while being transfered to another tank)