emp.

J

Justin

I was going to attempt to breed my emperrors and the female killed the male before he even had a chance.It realy sucks.Ordered the male form lllreptiles just for breeding and when he gets here the female kills him.My luck..

Justin,

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Are you sure she's an emperor? Or that the males are? A few different species are sometimes intentionaly/mistakenly sold as emperor scorpions. If she is a different species, she may not be as communal-minded as she should be, nor will she recognize true emps (P.imperator) as being of the same species.

Alternately, you could just have a female with a killer instinct.

Cheers,
Dave

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When setting up a breeding group of emperor scorpions, I like to set up a new cage and introduce the animals at the same time, rather than bringing a new animal into an established one's habitat. My theory (ONLY an theory!) is that there is at least some degree of territoriality among these guys. If one is left alone long enough, it may become territorial, but if both are introduced to a new cage at the same time, the female may be less inclined to view the male as an intruder. Again, this is just theory!

Wade

J

Justin

Yes i am 100% sure they were both emps.She is just a killer, and very aggressive too.I don't know why but she has always been agressive.But she is in fact an emperor( the bumpy claws and everything).I thought about that theory before I put it in there because I have Done that with other animals and they did good and alot of times if I just introduced them it is death.I'll be a step ahead next time.

Justin,