1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Embedded youtube videos havent been showing up for me.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting / Suggestions' started by codykrr, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Advertisement
    Ok so I know I am embedding them right. But they just show up as a white blank square. Even when other people embed them it still shows up as a blank square.

is it just on my end...if so how could i fix this?

Youtube works just fine for me...

2. Have that problem too. I've changed the embed codes a few times even and it still doesn't work.

3. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    Actually, you have not been embedding them right at all. I have been going in and fixing them as I notice them. What is being done wrong is you are not just putting the actual number code in. You are using a link or url.

A detailed example and explanation can be found here under "You Tube Functionality":

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=77085

Hope that helps. :)

Debby

4. High_Rolling_T

High_Rolling_T Arachnosquire

MD
    Has it just began recently? Mine just started that too. I noticed it began when I updated to the latest version of Firefox, then it asked me to update my Flash Player too. After that, it wasnt working: white boxes for every embedded video. As well, youtube works fine.

Now I am on another computer all together that hasnt had these recent downloads, and the embedded videos are showing fine.

Note this isnt me embedding them myself, this is every post i open that contains an embedded video. All of which work fine from this other computer.

5. JC

JC Arachnoprince

USA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. I always click the "embed" code under the video and then put the "youtube" tabs and past the "embed" code directly in between them.

Even when other people do it, I am still only seeing a blank white box.