Egg sac

• Egg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sac

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Kchrys LeBlanc

Arachnopeon
I have a B. Albopilosum and I got it for Christmas, it layed an egg and just wondering what if I pulled the egg sac from her and opened it, is it okay to put it back in with her? I’m pretty new to having a T.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
The more you miss with her and it, the more likely she is to eat it. I’d leave it with her and leave her alone for the next month. If she decides to eat it anyways then it probably wasn’t viable anyways.

The other option would be to pull it and take care of it on your own, but you’d have to tend to it every few hrs for the next few weeks without fail. If you forget to turn the sac and massage it just once it can go bad. The mother won’t forget to do that.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Just leave her with the eggsac undisturbed for around 6 weeks.

If you disturb her, she maw dump or munch the sac.

I wouldnt recommend removing the sac at all for t least 5 weeks

PhilMcWonder

Arachnoknight
Tarantulas make good mothers. They wont eat the eggs unless they think the eggs are a bust. Leave her be and let her guard her eggs. If she doesn't eat them it means she thinks her babies are healthy.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a B. Albopilosum and I got it for Christmas, it layed an egg and just wondering what if I pulled the egg sac from her and opened it, is it okay to put it back in with her? I’m pretty new to having a T.
Do you know if the tarantula was mated before you got it? Or was it wild caught? If it was wild caught chances are high that it have mated in nature and eggsack is fertile. If your tarantula was captive bred chances are that the eggsack is infertile, if she wasnt mated that is! I too say leave it with the tarantula. Less fuss that way!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Just be aware @Kchrys LeBlanc that this species can have huge sacs. Be prepared to take care of a large number of slings if it actually is fertile.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
If you already opened it, and want to give it back...she will most likely eat it, plus the eggs will spill all over.