Versicolor egg sac

Czemcio420

Arachnopeon
Hi. I'm planning to pick up the cocoon of my versicolor... I'm reading threads on the forum and I understand that some people pick up the cocoon after 15-20 minutes, while others wait until it opens. I don't know what to think about this? Keeping the cocoon for a long time involves the female eating it or drying out the eggs. what do you think? Can I pick up 15-20 devices and have them checked in the incubator?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I always leave the sac with them depending on species for length of time. I have an avic sitting on one now. My reason is I don’t want to have to turn it and I think most of the times they eat the sac is when something is wrong with it.

Water can’t penetrate the sac so the moisture is already locked in when it is made.

IMG_5194.jpeg

Czemcio420

Arachnopeon
I still have a question about incubation in the form of a hammock. Does the water level in the container have any impact on the development of nymphs? Does it require a certain water level or can I take a large plastic container 19x19x19 and fill it halfway with water?

Czemcio420

Arachnopeon
Hi
Due to the fact that I am taking care of my first egg sac, I have some symptoms that I am doing something wrong.

It is a egg sac from avicularia versicolor, I incubate it at 26-27 degrees, I use a stocking for incubation.

Are these dried out eggs the result of weak immunity, or am I just drying them out and doing something incorrectly? Today, 48 of the 102 pieces remain. 2-3 pieces are lost every day.

Attachments