1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eco Earth Too Dry?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by USMCVET, Jan 11, 2017.

1. USMCVET

USMCVET Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I have my GBB and LP in Mini Critter Keepers and I have noticed that the Eco Earth is losing its compactness. It is going away from the sides where crickets can crawl between Keeper and substrate and T cannot reach it. Is there a way to fix this without totally rehousing Ts?

2. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoking Active Member

dry is what you want for a GBB. as for the LP, just pour water onto the substrate. no need for a rehouse haha.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ledzeppelin

ledzeppelin Arachnobaron

you could try patting it down? Or just drop the crix in front of the T so they will have no time to escape ;)

4. ledzeppelin

ledzeppelin Arachnobaron

or just fill the cracks with the substrate from time to time :) once the substrate will reach the limit of compression it will stay that way :)

5. USMCVET

USMCVET Arachnopeon

Well the LP has done so much burrowing that it has started "cracking." Just don't want it to collapse on her if that could actually happen.

6. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoking Active Member

if it collapses the spider can just dig its own way out. theyre pretty durable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

GBBs live in an extremely xeric environment, no worries needed.