Eco Earth Too Dry?

USMCVET

Arachnopeon
I have my GBB and LP in Mini Critter Keepers and I have noticed that the Eco Earth is losing its compactness. It is going away from the sides where crickets can crawl between Keeper and substrate and T cannot reach it. Is there a way to fix this without totally rehousing Ts?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
dry is what you want for a GBB. as for the LP, just pour water onto the substrate. no need for a rehouse haha.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
you could try patting it down? Or just drop the crix in front of the T so they will have no time to escape ;)

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
or just fill the cracks with the substrate from time to time :) once the substrate will reach the limit of compression it will stay that way :)

USMCVET

Arachnopeon
you could try patting it down? Or just drop the crix in front of the T so they will have no time to escape ;)
Well the LP has done so much burrowing that it has started "cracking." Just don't want it to collapse on her if that could actually happen.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Well the LP has done so much burrowing that it has started "cracking." Just don't want it to collapse on her if that could actually happen.
if it collapses the spider can just dig its own way out. theyre pretty durable.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
GBBs live in an extremely xeric environment, no worries needed.