Eauthlus red female

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
I bought 1.5" eauthlus red female from tarantula canada, I'm planning to go with 2l shoebox for rehousing but do you guys recommend that or using 16oz delicup? I just want to see what you guys would do so I can decide what to do

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
1.5" will be fine in something in between as 16oz won't give it much room to move around, I've personally found they wander around quite a bit or at least my adult female does

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I've given mine more space then I'd normally give to a spider of her size since she actually uses all of her enclosure. :)
2 liter seems a bit excessive. Maybe a bit smaller but bigger then the delicup?
This species grows rather slow so be prepared for that ;)

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I'm guessing the deli cup will last for a few years. Slow growing small species.

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
I'm guessing the deli cup will last for a few years. Slow growing small species.
yes delicup is fine for this species since they don't grow that big...once she is little bit bigger I might provide better home but for now delicup is my choice

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
I have some update, I got the eauthlus red and got k.brunnipes as freebie :) I am so happy

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I bought 1.5" eauthlus red female from tarantula canada, I'm planning to go with 2l shoebox for rehousing but do you guys recommend that or using 16oz delicup? I just want to see what you guys would do so I can decide what to do
I keep my AF female in an ExoTerra Breeder Box small size.

At 1.5", they get a cube that is about 4x4" by about 5" deep.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I have some update, I got the eauthlus red and got k.brunnipes as freebie :) I am so happy
I just received the same, my Eu sp. Red is great, but can't find my 1/8 inch K brunnipes at all, no obvious burrow hole and just substrate that looks like it might have gotten shaken up during shipping. Did you see yours right away upon arrival? Trying to decide if I should dig out the little one to confirm its alive, or just leave it and see.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I just received the same, my Eu sp. Red is great, but can't find my 1/8 inch K brunnipes at all, no obvious burrow hole and just substrate that looks like it might have gotten shaken up during shipping. Did you see yours right away upon arrival? Trying to decide if I should dig out the little one to confirm its alive, or just leave it and see.
Was it shipped in an enclosure with substrate? Definitely look for it, if so. Usually they're shipped in separate vials/straws or something.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Was it shipped in an enclosure with substrate? Definitely look for it, if so. Usually they're shipped in separate vials/straws or something.
This shipment was Air Cargo for live animals. So shipped in essentially a cooler with a bunch of others, and handled much more carefully in shipping via air as live animals. Not the same as a UPS or Postal or whatever....

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
This shipment was Air Cargo for live animals. So shipped in essentially a cooler with a bunch of others, and handled much more carefully in shipping via air as live animals. Not the same as a UPS or Postal or whatever....
Did you go the group shipment method with TarCan?

My K. brunnipes was shipped packed like they normally do for individual orders, in paper towel. However, because it's so freaking tiny, it had worked its way through the folds, and was sitting on top when I popped the cap of the pill vial.

This is how tiny it is:

StampFan

Arachnodemon

My K. brunnipes was shipped packed like they normally do for individual orders, in paper towel. However, because it's so freaking tiny, it had worked its way through the folds, and was sitting on top when I popped the cap of the pill vial.

This is how tiny it is:

Yep, Tarcan group shipment, so I know the sender is more than reliable.

I know they're that small, that's why I'm hesitating to dig it out. Could be happily buried in the coco perfectly fine, but its hard if I haven't at least seen it. Threw some pre-killed food in, and checking at night, but haven't seen it yet....

This is how tiny it is:
Yep, Tarcan group shipment, so I know the sender is more than reliable.

I know they're that small, that's why I'm hesitating to dig it out. Could be happily buried in the coco perfectly fine, but its hard if I haven't at least seen it. Threw some pre-killed food in, and checking at night, but haven't seen it yet....