Easter comes early. Molt!

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here is my pulchra that I'm raising... I'm suspecting female? anyone know if its easier to tell on a pulchra? I have had good luck sexing my pulchras based on there looks... maybe intuition... anywho... I say this because the molt was so clear that the reproductive area was dark, it was simply not like a male, the males are smooth, and just the way the light hit it made me think so... Its to small to take a picture the way I saw it but heres some pictures of her as a little bitty girl...

View attachment 70265

View attachment 70266

View attachment 70267

View attachment 70268

Last edited:

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes maam, sorry, neither one had been eaten nor are there any legs on them... but I'll take them out right away...

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I can't wait for my 2 pulchras to come in a couple of weeks. They're supposed to be ready the first week of april... awesome spiders!

Trav

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ive never heard of sexing based on the looks of a T.

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ive never heard of sexing based on the looks of a T.
Well, I've had 4 different pulchras, and I've been right on all of there sexes a few of them were smaller 2in or smaller, and one was like 3 in... For some reason, they just look different to me... there were a pulchra pair for sale not to long ago, and you could look and see the difference between the male and female....

maybe I've just been plain lucky. but anyway, there was that spot in the molt that just seemed to have a little more to it... thats all I'm saying,,, ,there is a chance, and higher hopes that it will be female... I'd be willing to put a bet on it... thats how much i think it will be a female.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Theres no way you can just look at those pics and sex that T at that size.
-Nate

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I relize that, I was speaking from looking at other pulchras that I've had, this time I was going off the coloration the light produced when it hit the old molt.