Easiest way of feeding

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I am certain many of tarantula keepers doing it. This is by far the easiest way of feeding your tarantula.

I am just too lazy to open the top lid, drop the feeder, and close the top lid back.

3650439A-4A3F-4F48-8D44-5B96E5EFC732.jpeg

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I am certain many of tarantula keepers doing it. This is by far the easiest way of feeding your tarantula.

I am just too lazy to open the top lid, drop the feeder, and close the top lid back.

View attachment 285003
i have done that a couple times but i decided it is more effort to thread the feeder (especially roaches) through the holes than opening the lid...

But when the its a butthead tarantula and it's right at the top, i will sometimes do that.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
LOL -- cute idea! Did you crush its head???

For certain nasties and fasties, I drilled a decent 'cricket-sized' hole in top and put a cork in it. So nice to just drop a feeder in without risking an escape for confrontation.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I reuse alot of my cages for alot of different sized slings. So none of my holes are big enough for that.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I reuse alot of my cages for alot of different sized slings. So none of my holes are big enough for that.

No, it's a bigger hole deliberately placed in lid for use with any T, I've re-used the enclosures. Makes for an easy safe food drop, esp with nasties and fasties. (Well, the avic wasn't a nastie, but she still got the cork-hole feeder drop anyways....)
(3 such 'cork-filled holes' enclosures are in my pix -- maybe even 4).

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor

No, it's a bigger hole deliberately placed in lid for use with any T, I've re-used the enclosures. Makes for an easy safe food drop, esp with nasties and fasties. (Well, the avic wasn't a nastie, but she still got the cork-hole feeder drop anyways....)
(3 such 'cork-filled holes' enclosures are in my pix -- maybe even 4).
Don't think that's for me lol. I prefer how my cages look without it.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Don't think that's for me lol. I prefer how my cages look without it.
You obviously do not understand the aesthetics of cork decor!!! :embarrassed:

My larger KKs have smaller door latches on top, so I mostly use those now all my babies grew up. (sniff) But the corks did make feeding go faster and easier back in the day (esp with my OBT and my Chilobrachys fimbriatus. :rofl:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
You obviously do not understand the aesthetics of cork decor!!! :embarrassed:

My larger KKs have smaller door latches on top, so I mostly use those now all my babies grew up. (sniff) But the corks did make feeding go faster and easier back in the day (esp with my OBT and my Chilobrachys fimbriatus. :rofl:
Certainly a good idea imo. Only spiders I'd really make use of it with are C versicolor slings. It was a miracle if they didn't explore out off their cage every time I fed or watered. One of the few spiders I'd call cute.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I've done this for a long time. Great for arboreals. And if a spider is possibly in pre-molt you can pull the feeder without opening a container. Its just a smart way to do things.

I do the same thing with water dishes, place the dish under the hole, and fill through the hole. Voila.

Razzledazzy

Arachnosquire
Since I only have terrestrials I just shake crickets into the container, but I've done this with water dishes.