Easiest Pokie to Breed

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Poecilotheria regalis and Poecilotheria ornata have both seen a good amount of positive and successful breeding reports, especially as far as pairing goes. Check the breeding reports section for more information.

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Poecilotheria regalis and Poecilotheria ornata have both seen a good amount of positive and successful breeding reports, especially as far as pairing goes. Check the breeding reports section for more information.
Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would say regalis in my experience.

sbullet

Arachnoknight
Why is it then that ornatas are generally a little pricier than say regalis, striata, etc.

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ornata is newer to the hobby than regalis, and basically everyone has regalis. This isn't necessarily the case with ornatas. They're less commonly bred successfully.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And ornata slings are the champions cannibals within the eggsac.

sbullet

Arachnoknight
But just above people were saying that ornatas are bred successfully often

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
fasciata have been the easiest for me in the past. ornata not far behind that.

JungleCage

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
And ornata slings are the champions cannibals within the eggsac.
Glad I read this. I'm in the process of breeding ornatas right now and the females eating the sac has always been something I've been afraid of. I typically leave the sac with the female. Would it still be a good idea to leave it with her or self incubate them? (I'm not that great at self incubating)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think he meant the slings cannibalise each other.
My female just hatched out her sac, and had no problems.
You can see the slings around the female (who is snacking on some roaches)

I will rehouse these at 2nd instar, when they could start eating each other.

JungleCage

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think he meant the slings cannibalise each other.
My female just hatched out her sac, and had no problems.
You can see the slings around the female (who is snacking on some roaches)

I will rehouse these at 2nd instar, when they could start eating each other.
Thank you for the clarification. Its a sigh or relief for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anyone else with experience breeding pokies want to reply? It would appear regalis and ornata would be the easiest to breed based on the breeding reports but many people do not post a successful breeding report when they get slings.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
The easiest to breed are the ones you see for sale most often: regalis, fasciata, pederseni, striata, & ornata.

I've heard of people having problems getting good sacs from subfusca, formosa, & smithi. The first two have been in the country since the late 1990's, but there haven't been many successful sacs.

The others are still fairly scare yet (miranda, tigrina, metallica, hanuma, and rufilata) and the first four of those are fairly recent introduction and may or may not be tricky.

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The easiest to breed are the ones you see for sale most often: regalis, fasciata, pederseni, striata, & ornata.

I've heard of people having problems getting good sacs from subfusca, formosa, & smithi. The first two have been in the country since the late 1990's, but there haven't been many successful sacs.

The others are still fairly scare yet (miranda, tigrina, metallica, hanuma, and rufilata) and the first four of those are fairly recent introduction and may or may not be tricky.
ThankS! This info really helps.