Earthworm keeping

SolFeliz

Arachnosquire
I'm thinking of keeping earthworms in with my garden snails. Does anyone have experience looking after worms that they can share?

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
There is plenty of tutorials on youtube about breeding worms and housing them.
Are you planning on getting red wigglers(The small ones used for compost) or nightcrawlers(The bigger ones used for fishing)? Are you thinking about using them as a form of compost bin

SolFeliz

Arachnosquire
There is plenty of tutorials on youtube about breeding worms and housing them.
Are you planning on getting red wigglers(The small ones used for compost) or nightcrawlers(The bigger ones used for fishing)? Are you thinking about using them as a form of compost bin
I was thinking either Brandling worms and/or Compost worms since I can get them both in my back garden (I live in Scotland). I was thinking about just putting them in the bottom of the snail box as I heard somewhere that so long as they have enough depth of substrate etc they can help aerate the soil, plus eat any leftovers from the snails.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
If you contact darkness975 she will give you any information you require. I kept worms a while ago but only as feeders.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
I was thinking either Brandling worms and/or Compost worms since I can get them both in my back garden (I live in Scotland). I was thinking about just putting them in the bottom of the snail box as I heard somewhere that so long as they have enough depth of substrate etc they can help aerate the soil, plus eat any leftovers from the snails.
Just make sure the soil is moist, and there isn't too much food or it will mold.