1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Earth Tiger info?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by BigBadConrad, Feb 1, 2004.

1. BigBadConrad

BigBadConrad Arachnobaron Old Timer

I think Earth Tigers seem very cool, attractive, and I like their aggressive reputation. Are they difficult to find in the US hobby? Anyone know where to find them? Is there a most desirable species and why? Do some "display" better than others? Is schmidti a good one? Can anyone share experiences they've had with them? Any other info on them is appreciated.

2. manville

manville Arachnoking Old Timer

I dont tihnk they are that hard to find if you go to any reputable breeders, they would probably have them..
  3. Earth Tiger

Earth Tiger Arachnoknight Old Timer

manville, IMO the most beautiful Haplopelma species is Haplopelma schmidti, followed by H. lividum. Most Haplopelma species are deep burrowers and thus they are not good for display purposes, though.

The huge size, golden carapace and relatively less aggressive temperament of H. schmidti makes it a very desirable Haplopelma species and thus it often commands a high value, at 80-150USD each in US. In Europe they are slightly less expensive, but are still expensive enough to make the Europeans buy them from me. The demand on them is so high that both my stock and cottonsheep's run out in a month time. If you are interested, pls contact me.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2004
  4. manville

sorry but what does IMO stand for?
  5. cottonsheep009

cottonsheep009 Arachnoknight Old Timer

manville, i think it stands for In My Opinion ;)
  6. manville

sorry i am kindda dumb..
  7. Earth Tiger

Earth Tiger Arachnoknight Old Timer

Hi BigBadConrad, I dun want to put it here but ur PM box is full and ur mailbox is unreachable~