E. murinus mature male lifespan?

Tigeratomic

Arachnopeon
I have a mature male Ephebopus murinus who hooked out about 1 month ago. How long will he live now that he's achieved his ultimate form? I've had one male of a different species (Neoholothele incei) who lived for a full year after his final molt. Does it vary by species, as so much does?

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It varies. I dunno about E murinus though. I have a juvenile of the speicies, but dont know the sex. Maybe they live a year or less? In general, the slow growing speicies like G rosea, the males live for longer time

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Life expectancy of a MM most certainly does vary depending on species. Some Brachypelma can live several years after maturing if they keep eating.

I'd expect maybe a year or so for this species, though I can't say from experience with a MM of this species. Seeing that you kept a MM N. incei alive for a year, you probably already know the drill - make sure he has access to a full water dish at all times (some people even add a second dish) and feed him as long as he'll keep eating to maximize how long you'll have with him, if you don't plan on selling/loaning him out for breeding.

Happy keeping!

Tigeratomic

Arachnopeon
If anyone in the local Massachusetts neighborhood wants to give him a shot, I'd be interested in giving him a chance at a mate (he practically radiates misery). I don't have any interest in mating him but if someone else wants him....as long as shipping isn't involved. He's a spicy fellow.