E. cyanognathus dies post molt

Ashley2070

Arachnopeon
Hey guys so - some bad news. My E. cyanognathus sling died right after it's molt and I'm wondering if you guy's have any insight. It was struggling to molt for a long time it seemed like but finally pulled itself out of its molt. It didn't look like it grew at all in size and upon closer inspection of the body there was this little brown seed like looking bug that was crawling on it. I tried to take pictures but these were the best I could get. Does anyone know what this bug could be and if it was the cause of death?
20180721_174651.jpg 20180721_174656.jpg

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
That bug is a mite and harmless. It probably came to feed on the spider after it died. Honestly it sounds like you just got unlucky and had a bad molt.

Ashley2070

Arachnopeon
That bug is a mite and harmless. It probably came to feed on the spider after it died. Honestly it sounds like you just got unlucky and had a bad molt.
Damn well good to know the bug is nothing to worry about and it was most likely out of my control :/ thanks for the reply!

LdLrLyChLd

Arachnosquire
I feel like having extra moisture in the enclosure immediately before molting helps them to slough their exoskeleton much more smoothly

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I feel like having extra moisture in the enclosure immediately before molting helps them to slough their exoskeleton much more smoothly
That, is myth. It may be true for reptiles that are molting, but it's not true for invertebrates. The only moisture that affects the molting process is the fluids between the old exoskeleton and the new one, moisture in the air doesn't do anything except make for a more stuffy environment while a T is molting. All a molting tarantula needs moisture-wise is a full water dish so it can pump the fluids between the exoskeletons, and so it can drink to regain the fluids it lost right after it molts.