E Campestratus sling husbandry

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Hey Everyone!

I am going to get a new T at an upcoming expo and have decided on E Campestratus. Just wondering how different the husbandry is compared to other slings? From what I understand, these spiders are very hardy and fairly docile. Anything unusual to watch out for?

I would love to hear from other keepers that have this species and what it is like to keep them. :happy::happy::happy:

Thanks!!!

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
Mine digs like a mole. I put it in an amac box that is like 2 1/2 x 2 1/2” wide and like 6-7 ish deep and it made 2 tunnels to the bottom in one night.

I would give it an enclosure that allows it to dig down quite a bit but not so wide that u can’t see it tunnel if that makes sense...

Hope I helped, I can post a pic when I go down to my room

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Mine digs like a mole. I put it in an amac box that is like 2 1/2 x 2 1/2” wide and like 6-7 ish deep and it made 2 tunnels to the bottom in one night.

I would give it an enclosure that allows it to dig down quite a bit but not so wide that u can’t see it tunnel if that makes sense...

Hope I helped, I can post a pic when I go down to my room
Thanks for the advice! My B albo tunnels too so I guess that is similar.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Deep substrate overflow the waterdish periodically, so yes they are quite hardy. Got mine as an adult last year, however I rarely see her out.

As for Temperament, mine didn't get the memo, she is more defensive than my P. cancerides.

cold blood

Staff member
All NW terrestrial slings have basically the same requirements and can be housed the same....damp sub.

I dont give burrowing space for slings, at least not a lot.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey Everyone!

I am going to get a new T at an upcoming expo and have decided on E Campestratus. Just wondering how different the husbandry is compared to other slings? From what I understand, these spiders are very hardy and fairly docile. Anything unusual to watch out for?

I would love to hear from other keepers that have this species and what it is like to keep them. :happy::happy::happy:

Thanks!!!
Same as a Brachy

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Well I made the mistake of putting mine in a 16 oz deli cup. Now I don't know how big yours is but mine was somewhere between 1/3rd and 1/2 an inch. A little too big of an enclosure. If I could do it over I probably would have put it into one of those 2 ouncers or maybe even a dram vial. Mine took so long to grow to where she is now in part, I think, because her enclosure was just to darn big she couldn't find her food. I honestly wouldn't put it in something where it is going to burrow really deep if it is super small. Just my 2 cents

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Well I made the mistake of putting mine in a 16 oz deli cup. Now I don't know how big yours is but mine was somewhere between 1/3rd and 1/2 an inch. A little too big of an enclosure. If I could do it over I probably would have put it into one of those 2 ouncers or maybe even a dram vial. Mine took so long to grow to where she is now in part, I think, because her enclosure was just to darn big she couldn't find her food. I honestly wouldn't put it in something where it is going to burrow really deep if it is super small. Just my 2 cents
Thanks for the advice! I have had good luck with my B Albo sling in a vial. She is probably good for another molt. I got her at a half inch which is the same size as the pzb. Good to know about their burrowing habits.