1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dyskinetic syndrome (dks)

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Stan Schultz, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

Advertisement
    Is there any chance you could ask Jakub Skowronek to explain this further on here? Or maybe he has explained it on a website? I would like more details on how he worked with this. Dates, times, which species, what the symptoms were (apart from what was obvious in the video, poor spider). More data is needed to know how and why this sometimes works or not, i think.

2. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

I will say it looked like something wasn't right...but I don't see any frantic movements like those associated with DKS symptoms in that vid

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Debbie Mcclure

Debbie Mcclure Arachnosquire

Ohio
    That's really heartbreaking to hear. If one of mine comes down with that or even if they all do, I'm going to put it out of its misery. I can't stand to even think of one suffering. Im not saying that you should do that, that's just me. I hate what your going through. My hear breaks for you and esp for your kidsPlz keep me posted on your baby..bless your heart

4. pps

pps Arachnopeon

Poland
    I'm only a customer so no idea if he will answer to me with more details, but I will try :)

5. maggiefiasco

maggiefiasco Arachnopeon Active Member

I watched the video and was very intrigued... but it seems like the condition of those spiders is much different than mine. I haven’t tested her in a few days, just to avoid exacerbating the condition with more stress... but last time I did, she full on attacked the tongs, then spent the next 2-3 minutes in an absolute fit, rolling and running around the enclosure with no direction or coordination. I’m not sure how I’d employ this method with her in this current state.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. pps

pps Arachnopeon

Poland
    Hi, the only info I got from him for now (I will try in the future for more) is this:
    He has a lot of specimens with DKS with different conditions.
    With his current method only adult males are not possible to recover.

He was interested in researching this, but it's too expensive in Poland to test them in the lab, hundreds of dollars for one specimen, and he would also need to sacrifice 10 healthy spiders to compare them.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  7. Dravyn

Dravyn Arachnopeon

What's sad is nobody knows how D KS starts

8. Whitelightning777

Whitelightning777 Arachno-heretic Arachnosupporter

I realize this is an old thread but I have a quick highly important question.

How many smokers versus non smokers have had problems with DKS? I would point out that nicotine is an ingredient in many pesticides.

There are vitamin enriched gut loading foods for feeders already. From what I understand, most cricket and roach chow is enriched.