Dysdera crocata slings emerged!

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Been watching very closely for a week now, and i woke up to see mom frantically running around poking her legs into the substrate and feeling around.

These spiders take such good care of their young! Tossed in a chunky isopod for her, and she went psycho on it! bit right on the head, sow bug instantly went limp haha.

Also, my isopods are finally breeding! Opened up the container to find a bunch of little baby porcellio laevis scuttling around.

I'll try to take some pics later, the babies are so skittish and fast!

Sometimes i think these things are a strange highly evolved kind of mygalomorph o_O they walk like them, behave like them, and even look like them o_O

The wolf

Arachnolord
Been watching very closely for a week now, and i woke up to see mom frantically running around poking her legs into the substrate and feeling around.

These spiders take such good care of their young! Tossed in a chunky isopod for her, and she went psycho on it! bit right on the head, sow bug instantly went limp haha.

Also, my isopods are finally breeding! Opened up the container to find a bunch of little baby porcellio laevis scuttling around.

I'll try to take some pics later, the babies are so skittish and fast!

Sometimes i think these things are a strange highly evolved kind of mygalomorph o_O they walk like them, behave like them, and even look like them o_O
As far as I know male Isopods(woodlice/slaters not ocean living species) usually kill their newborns if kept in the same habitat this may not apply to this species and your container may be too big for this to be an issue but that's what I read.