Dying Citharischius crawshayi

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Well, maybe this will ease your mind a bit. I once had an H. lividum do this. It lasted for WEEKS. She had sticky fluid all over her and I couldn't tell if it was exuvial fluid or hemolymph. I was sure she was dead.... then she molted!! Weirdest thing, but that's just how she did it! It happened a few more times with her, but she generally molted just fine.

I think you just need to give her lots of hugs and kisses and she'll be just fine!!;)

i don't think i'll try another force feeding. nothing got in her, and i agree that the stress is going to only make her worse at this point. her abdomen is a bit misshapen, but i believe it's due to dehydration and lack of food rather than infection. her mouth is definitely clean.

the most i bother her for now is putting her over water. if i do pick her up again, it will be to try putting water drops directly into her mouth. but at this point i'm not sure i'd even try that. she's almost completely unresponsive. she lays crumpled in one spot, but isn't in a classic deathcurl.

i know some people feel i should end her suffering, but i'm hesitant to resort to the freezer. i'd rather she pass on her own than at my hands, and i'm hoping that she'll make the decision for herself. if she does go into a full death curl, i will euthanize her. :(

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
came home today to find all 8 legs tucked under her. she's still alive, but barely. she can hardly move her legs (and does not uncurl them) when disturbed.

i think it's time for the freezer :(

EDIT: she stopped responding completely and showed no signs of life. i put her in the freezer.

Last edited:

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that...

Let's hope you try again and that it works next time!