DYI project, tarantula bookstand

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
I am not sure if 'bookstand' is good word, but google translate says it is;P Those steel warehouse stands are very practical and cheap, but I don't like look of it, it will just not fit my room, where most of stuff is made from dark brown oak wood, or at least imitation of it;) Wood stands from furniture stores are, either poor quality, either very expensive, and ofc I want dimension to fit my terrariums. I am steelworker not carpenter, but I decided to give it a try and make it from wood myself.

Materials :

Some pine stakes and planks made from furniture plates.

Sawing and painting:

For assembly I used mostly screw bolts and steel brackets, also some wood glue :

For more stability connected it to the wall with bolts.

And the final effect. I am very happy with it. Looks really fine, fits the room, and total cost was really low. Many hours of work, but I think it was worth it. Still needs to buy more led lights, some longer cable so I can hide it behind stand. And need to clean the floor, lol;)

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
That looks fantastic! I’ve been contemplating giving this a go. You may have motivated me sufficiently.

beccadarling

Arachnopeon
Looks amazing!!! I wish I had the time, resources, and talent it would take to make something like that XD The lighting adds a really nice effect to the case.

MaggieAndJonathan

Arachnopeon
IMG_20190510_220132899.jpg We did this on Monday! We've had to make some adjustments to the terrariums themselves, and we need some lighting. I can't wait for my ivy to grow down the sides too!

Last edited: