1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dwarf T's

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by snarf, May 16, 2018.

1. snarf

snarf Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    i love the a. minatrix gonna have to get my mitts on some of those lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tim Benzedrine

Tim Benzedrine Prankster Possum Old Timer

That was very responsible of you. I think that breeders should be mature and ready to raise spiders, so good on you for waiting!

More on topic, I've only kept one dwarf tarantula, A Pumkin Patch large, and while there is no denying that it was a really attractive spider, dwarf specie just don't fit my definition of "tarantula". It hooked out the first moult after I got it, so I really didn't have much time to get attached to it.
    Anyway, in my bathroom a couple days ago, I spotted a Dolomedes that at 3.0 DLS, easily matched my male Pumkin Patch in size. I could have caught it and sprinkled some glitter on it and -Bam! - Dolomedes Fairy-dust!

Here is a picture of it. It isn't a very sharp photo, but photoshop adepts may feel free to glam the spider up if they wish. :D

m_IMG_7240crop.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. athlete96

athlete96 Arachnosquire

Since no one is mentioning them.. K. brunnipes. I really do like the little bugger. The light legs, dark body, and gold heart on its bum look great and it's calm temperament really makes it a great species for me. The slow growth rate sucks though (maybe it'll moult faster now that it's a good 25C in my apartment).

If you want a psychotic little piece of poop in your collection H. sanguiniceps is your answer! Maybe it's just mine, but oh my lordy I get the threat pose and bolting just undoing the clasps on its enclosure. And the little bugger has escaped.. 4 times now? Just from trying to feed it. Last time it escaped (a few nights ago) I was thankful to see that it had grown to 1.5" lol. :banghead:

• Like Like x 2
  4. DanBsTs

DanBsTs The Happy Tarantula Keeper (I make YouTubes) Arachnosupporter

NH,USA
    I would 2nd this. I just picked up a 1" specimen. None of those signature black and red colors yet but the wait will be worth it.
    0506181650.jpg

5. Nightshady

Nightshady Dislike Harvester Arachnosupporter

I’m about to pick up some dwarfs. I want:
    E. Sp. red or yellow
    Theraphosidae Sp. Panama
    N. incei

6. snarf

snarf Arachnopeon

just spent 400 bucks on an order now my collection is getting large enough to justify breeding roaches again where can i get the most bang for my buck on dubias?

7. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

That's a real special looking one there, too.

8. Nightshady

Yeah, I'm almost certainly gonna pick one of those up at some point. They're amazing looking.

9. Cavedweller

Cavedweller Arachnoprince

I feel weird about loving dwarf tarantulas so much, tininess seems like the antithesis of the appeal of Ts. It's like "hey, this is the world's smallest, biggest spider!"

They're hard to find, but I'm fond of dwarf Aphonopelmas. They're not as striking as the prior suggestions, but they make up for it in adorable tininess. Too bad they don't live as long as the full size ones. The estimated lifespan for females is about 10 years. My Aphonopelma mareki looks like she's on her last legs :(

10. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Btw, it's Theraphosinae sp. 'Panama'

They are awesome little buggers though. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Nightshady

Thanks! I've seen it both ways and was wondering which is correct. Hadn't taken the time to find out but now I know.

• Like Like x 1
  12. snarf

snarf Arachnopeon

Those do look awesome ill have to wait for now i ended up ordering 13 new T's so im gonna have tons of fun on tuesday when they arrive :)

13. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

13? Jeez lol.

I'm waiting for my replacement M. mesomelas sling to turn up and then I won't be getting any more until after my males mature.

14. snarf

snarf Arachnopeon

I keep telling myself i dont need anymore but then i see ones i like lol

• Funny Funny x 1