Old Timer
N. incei

D. diamantinensis

A. minatrix
i love the a. minatrix gonna have to get my mitts on some of those lol

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
That's definitely a "full retail" price.

I had a male until February 14. (I shipped him to a breeder after he matured.)
That was very responsible of you. I think that breeders should be mature and ready to raise spiders, so good on you for waiting!

More on topic, I've only kept one dwarf tarantula, A Pumkin Patch large, and while there is no denying that it was a really attractive spider, dwarf specie just don't fit my definition of "tarantula". It hooked out the first moult after I got it, so I really didn't have much time to get attached to it.
Anyway, in my bathroom a couple days ago, I spotted a Dolomedes that at 3.0 DLS, easily matched my male Pumkin Patch in size. I could have caught it and sprinkled some glitter on it and -Bam! - Dolomedes Fairy-dust!

Here is a picture of it. It isn't a very sharp photo, but photoshop adepts may feel free to glam the spider up if they wish. :D

m_IMG_7240crop.jpg

athlete96

Arachnosquire
Since no one is mentioning them.. K. brunnipes. I really do like the little bugger. The light legs, dark body, and gold heart on its bum look great and it's calm temperament really makes it a great species for me. The slow growth rate sucks though (maybe it'll moult faster now that it's a good 25C in my apartment).

If you want a psychotic little piece of poop in your collection H. sanguiniceps is your answer! Maybe it's just mine, but oh my lordy I get the threat pose and bolting just undoing the clasps on its enclosure. And the little bugger has escaped.. 4 times now? Just from trying to feed it. Last time it escaped (a few nights ago) I was thankful to see that it had grown to 1.5" lol. :banghead:

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
I’m about to pick up some dwarfs. I want:
E. Sp. red or yellow
Theraphosidae Sp. Panama
N. incei

snarf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just spent 400 bucks on an order now my collection is getting large enough to justify breeding roaches again where can i get the most bang for my buck on dubias?

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I feel weird about loving dwarf tarantulas so much, tininess seems like the antithesis of the appeal of Ts. It's like "hey, this is the world's smallest, biggest spider!"

They're hard to find, but I'm fond of dwarf Aphonopelmas. They're not as striking as the prior suggestions, but they make up for it in adorable tininess. Too bad they don't live as long as the full size ones. The estimated lifespan for females is about 10 years. My Aphonopelma mareki looks like she's on her last legs :(

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Those do look awesome ill have to wait for now i ended up ordering 13 new T's so im gonna have tons of fun on tuesday when they arrive :)
13? Jeez lol.

I'm waiting for my replacement M. mesomelas sling to turn up and then I won't be getting any more until after my males mature.

snarf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
13? Jeez lol.

I'm waiting for my replacement M. mesomelas sling to turn up and then I won't be getting any more until after my males mature.
I keep telling myself i dont need anymore but then i see ones i like lol