Dwarf T's

snarf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I seem to be getting interested in the dwarf tarantulas i know a couple of them but was wondering in your opinions what are some of the absolute "must have" as long as they arent crazy rare anyway.

Death Derp

Arachnopeon
cyriocosmus elegans
Edit: Forgot to say that they are obligate borrowers. I can only see the legs of mine :(

Last edited:

snarf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Neoholothele incei -- enough said.
Now that is an awesome one for some reason i didnt even know it was a dwarf i love the fact they are heavy webbers

So far the only dwarf ive had was a juvie c. fasciatum loved it even though it spent almost all of its time in premolt hidden lol does anyone have any experience with d. diamantinensis? Ive got a petshop here that has a 3/4" one for about 70 bucks

Last edited by a moderator:

Toddydog

Arachnosquire
I believe pumpkin patches (H. sp columbia) are dwarf right? I think they look pretty cool.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
N. incei

D. diamantinensis

A. minatrix

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
N. incei

D. diamantinensis

A. minatrix
I always love seeing your photos in threads, they always showcase the beauty of your tarantulas quite well:D

If you're into OWs, I'd suggest looking into Heterothele gabonensis. Beautiful dwarf species from Africa, they max out at about 2"-2.5" (so I've read.)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Ami sp Panama, or maybe even yapanquii.. both are expensive and rare. In fact, I don't know anyone with the latter.

starnaito

Arachnosquire
If you can find one, Euathlus sp. red / Homoeomma sp. yellow. They are incredibly docile, curious, and adorable.

Here's my girl:
IMG_20180424_201958_346.jpg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
does anyone have any experience with d. diamantinensis? Ive got a petshop here that has a 3/4" one for about 70 bucks
That's definitely a "full retail" price.

I had a male until February 14. (I shipped him to a breeder after he matured.) They are very pretty, with iridescent rainbow coloring.

Care is pretty simple. I kept the substrate dry most of the time but occasionally dripped water onto its webbing.

Like most dwarf tarantulas, they are fast. They can also be a bit feisty.

snarf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's definitely a "full retail" price.

I had a male until February 14. (I shipped him to a breeder after he matured.) They are very pretty, with iridescent rainbow coloring.

Care is pretty simple. I kept the substrate dry most of the time but occasionally dripped water onto its webbing.

Like most dwarf tarantulas, they are fast. They can also be a bit feisty.
So 70 is fairly high then they also have a b. cabolca for 99 i cant remember is its female or not though

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
+1 for the D. diamantinensis, its a really cool species to keep. One of my other favourite dwarf species is Cyriocosmus perezmilesi. Looks amazing and mine were more visible than other Cyriocosmus species. Also webs alot.

snarf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it would seem i cant find any n. incei they all seem to be sold out on the sites i frequent .
1. For that price it darn well better be a female.

2. Its not a dwarf...if that matters.
Didnt think it was a dwarf they sure look neat though.

cold blood

Staff member
it would seem i cant find any n. incei they all seem to be sold out on the sites i frequent .
Search the classifieds...I just sold my last one the other day, but they do pop up from time to time and shouldn't be too hard to find with all the good sellers/breeders here.

Didnt think it was a dwarf they sure look neat though.
They do. I was just curious because we often see that people believe them to be dwarves.....but they aren't large and are indeed really cool ts.