Dwarf Species of T's

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
That's a first, never heard of that labeling before. To be clear, E. pulcherrimaklaasi and E. sp. "Blue" are not the same species. They don't even look remotely similar.
I just took pix (trust me, these were the best -- I am lousy photographer) anyway -- what's your best guess for this girl? (and yes... her rump IS that big)
Her last moult (2 years ago?) made her prettier -- her femur area was more dark dark navy blue looking. These days she's sorta brown and boring.

Sp blue.jpg Sp blue2.jpg

(First pix here was actually taken after second pix -- she stood up tall and decided to walk out of shot. lol)

Last edited:

Deb60

Arachnosquire
That's a first, never heard of that labeling before. To be clear, E. pulcherrimaklaasi and E. sp. "Blue" are not the same species. They don't even look remotely similar.
That's good to hear them , thought I'd had of the same T.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I just took pix (trust me, these were the best -- I am lousy photographer) anyway -- what's your best guess for this girl? (and yes... her rump IS that big)
Her last moult (2 years ago?) made her prettier -- her 'thigh' area was more dark dark navy blue looking. These days she's sorta brown and boring.

View attachment 246928 View attachment 246929

(First pix here was actually taken after second pix -- she stood up tall and decided to walk out of shot. lol)
C'mon, you know that I can't do anything with those pictures :rofl:

Does it have these knees? Then it's an E. sp. "Blue" or "Green" (it's the color of the femur that determines which).

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
C'mon, you know that I can't do anything with those pictures :rofl:
Does it have these knees? Then it's an E. sp. "Blue" or "Green" (it's the color of the femur that determines which).
Yes -- she definitely has those knee markings. She let me try again, a bit closer and with higher resolution:
Sp blue3.jpg

I think I am overfeeding based on that huge rump. :(

So -- I have E Sp blue?

[edited to add: her blue is more a deep purple blue under good lighting (so def not green); her knee markings are a deeper orange/rust colour like in your pix.]

Last edited:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I think I am overfeeding based on that huge rump. :(

So -- I have E Sp blue?

[edited to add: her blue is more a deep purple blue under good lighting (so def not green); her knee markings are a deeper orange/rust colour like in your pix.]
Yes, you have an E. sp. "Blue"... I'm actually not sure where blue came from, because you're right, it's more of a purple than anything. But I'm color blind to blue, so I should keep my mouth shut :p

And hey, if you can get a Euathlus to eat, freaking feed it. My girls eat once per month at best. If it turns out to be male, please reach out to me :)

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
Im also looking for a Euthalus sp. red. Im looking for one about 1 to 1.25 inches. But i personally am starting with one.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Yes, you have an E. sp. "Blue"... I'm actually not sure where blue came from, because you're right, it's more of a purple than anything. But I'm color blind to blue, so I should keep my mouth shut :p

And hey, if you can get a Euathlus to eat, freaking feed it. My girls eat once per month at best. If it turns out to be male, please reach out to me :)
Thanks for verifying for me. Guess I need to re-label her enclosure now.

She was purchased as confirmed sub-adult female back in 2014.
If she hooks out -- I'll contact you and the seller. lol

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Thanks for verifying for me. Guess I need to re-label her enclosure now.

She was purchased as confirmed sub-adult female back in 2014.
If she hooks out -- I'll contact you and the seller. lol
After re-read your posts, you certainly have a female. This species has males that mature very small - around the 2.5" mark. Tiny compared to the females.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
The shipping vial mine came in simply said "E pulcherrimaklaasi Sp blue" -- I know this because I always match my new label to seller's. In fact, I label my new enclosure before even opening shipping vial -- so I won't make a mistake.
However, I located my original invoice on her and it says "Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi 'Blue Femur Beauty' FEMALE 3.5" $69.00"

Is "Blue Femur Beauty" the same as a 'E Sp blue' (I mean, seller obvious thought so, but is it?) Or is "Blue Femur Beauty" the name for the true Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi -- which apparently is a completely different T from the T I received?

(I still love mine, wouldn't return her. Just wondered. And since her moult 2+ years ago, she honestly isn't all that small/dwarf-ish).

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
The shipping vial mine came in simply said "E pulcherrimaklaasi Sp blue" -- I know this because I always match my new label to seller's. In fact, I label my new enclosure before even opening shipping vial -- so I won't make a mistake.
However, I located my original invoice on her and it says "Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi 'Blue Femur Beauty' FEMALE 3.5" $69.00"

Is "Blue Femur Beauty" the same as a 'E Sp blue' (I mean, seller obvious thought so, but is it?) Or is "Blue Femur Beauty" the name for the true Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi -- which apparently is a completely different T from the T I received?

(I still love mine, wouldn't return her. Just wondered. And since her moult 2+ years ago, she honestly isn't all that small/dwarf-ish).
I don't concern myself with common names, sorry. But you have an E. sp. "Blue".

Note that not all Euathlus are dwarfs. In fact, neither E. truculentus nor E. pulcherrimaklaasi nor E. sp. "Blue/Green" are dwarfs. All of their females mature at 4", or thereabout.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Im also looking for a Euthalus sp. red. Im looking for one about 1 to 1.25 inches. But i personally am starting with one.
H.species Red. Homoeomma species red. It's not an Euathlus. Or are they still being sold as Euathlus in the States?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
H.species Red. Homoeomma species red. It's not an Euathlus. Or are they still being sold as Euathlus in the States?
Really? They're still sold as "Euathlus sp. Red" here in the UK.

**Grudgingly walks over to the label maker**:grumpy::oldman::banghead:
Neither one is wrong, they are still sold as both. The species is still not been officially described, but is most likely being switched to Homoeomma.

Just cuz she is freshly molted luv the curly carapace
Euathlus sp "Blue" (Blue femur beauty)
2017-07-26 16.11.42.jpg 2017-07-26 16.12.01.jpg

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Really? They're still sold as "Euathlus sp. Red" here in the UK.

**Grudgingly walks over to the label maker**:grumpy::oldman::banghead:
From what im hearing, its still eauthlus here.
A Czech taxonomist has ruled out it being Euathlus and more similar to Homoeomma. There's a post from I think AphonopelmaTX in which he goes into detail. I don't have my bookmarks within reach atm.

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
A Czech taxonomist has ruled out it being Euathlus and more similar to Homoeomma. There's a post from I think AphonopelmaTX in which he goes into detail. I don't have my bookmarks within reach atm.
Interesting. I would love to read more about this.