Dwarf retics

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
for carpet pythons try yasser at www.spitfirereptiles.com. realy great animals there.. another managable species that get big but not huge are molucan pythons. its one of the smallest subspecies of scrub pythons and rairly attain a length of more then 10 feet... realy beautiful animals... smart, and very interesting to keep.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here's a few more pics I took this evening of my Retic, with me holding him. It's not easy to take decent pics with one hand while trying to control the movement of a snake with the other! Retics are very active, and don't sit still like Boas do while out of their enclosure, but want to check everything out. They're really nosy snakes, perhaps an indication of higher intelligence than most snakes have.

You gotta love the intricate pattern on these snakes!

pitbulllady

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, i didnt get a retic yet but i did get this from a craigslist user. enjoy the pictures and i dont know the sex yet. but i did put down a lot of news papers so the snake isnt directly on the UTH and tomorrow im going to buy a theromstat for it.

She also said (the woman i got him from; she said its a him) this stuff below:

He is approx. 6 years old (he is def. male, and is approx. 6 years old, I had a friend at the herp society sex him for me and get an approx. age.).

I feed him one adult rat every other week.

Does it seem right that this snake could be 6 years old and only this big??? do these snakes grow slowly? sounds like its growing as slow as a rose hair tarantula (and yes people i know these are 100% different animals no need to get into all that its just a general grow comparising.

Last edited: