Dust

spacelord

Arachnosquire
So i was wandering do any of you keepers suggest having an air purifier in the room with your t's? Since its winter we keep the windows closed and im noticing alot of dust debris flying in my house. Im thinking of purchasing a air purifier anyways for my own health but do you think that dust can bother tarantulas? Just a newbie question but no question is dumb they always say

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I personally don’t think it’s necessary, nature isn’t exactly a clean place itself

Last edited:

spacelord

Arachnosquire
Thanks i had the same feelings that it may not be anything at all but never hurt to ask lol have 6 t's and been in this hobby for about 3 months now it was just something i was noticing. Didnt want them all to die due to an error on my end

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
nothing like some fresh dirt in the air. tarantulas have been alive for awhile without air purifiers and living in all the dirt I'd think they'd somehow come a long for so long.
basically its a waste of money Ts will be fine.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Tarantulas are big fans of dirty holes in the ground full of microbes and whatever else. They’re fine with some dust

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
So i was wandering do any of you keepers suggest having an air purifier in the room with your t's? Since its winter we keep the windows closed and im noticing alot of dust debris flying in my house. Im thinking of purchasing a air purifier anyways for my own health but do you think that dust can bother tarantulas? Just a newbie question but no question is dumb they always say
If it was a problem Tom Moran would have real issues, some of his enclosures are pretty darn dusty.