1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumbest Advice From People Who Don't Own Ts?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Mitchel, May 14, 2019.

1. PanzoN88

PanzoN88 Arachnobaron Active Member

Ohio
    Advertisement
    Like others I have been advised to use sponges once (I was toying with the pet store employee by asking newbie questions for fun).

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

I have axolotl, some fire-shrimp and some fish in a big tank. The axolotl are like giant vacuum-cleaners when fed pellets :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Arachnobaron Active Member

If you want to see something really mezmerizing get some kuhli loaches or bottom feeding catfish. They’ll hide most of the time but when you drop food in theyll slowly emerge out of the shadows and sniff around like a mouse for food. When they finally get it they turn into a frenzy.

4. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

Those species unfortunately are incompatible with the axolotl. Catfish suck themselves on to an axololt and cause major damage to their skin. There are just three or something species that are 'allowed' with axolotl.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. mantisfan101

Same thing with bichirs, I’ve seen photos of plecos that just completely sucked all the slime coating off of them.

6. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

A tarantula could totally be a service animal; it keeps people out of your personal space.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rigor Mortis

Rigor Mortis Arachnosquire Active Member

People advise me to feed them more when I say 2 of them don't eat and one eats once a month. I tell them I super promise I'm not starving my animals and they still look at me like I'm nuts.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. mantisfan101

“Yeah, just feed them 2-3 crickets a day and you’ll be fine. Trust me, I keep geckos, I know what I’m doing.”

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1