1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumbest Advice From People Who Don't Own Ts?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Mitchel, May 14, 2019.

1. Advertisement
    I get this one a lot... since when can you order a spider from Poland (spidersworld.EU) and get it shipped. A lot of people get baffled loool!

2. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnoangel Active Member

Well to be fair there is a huge difference between cats and T's. T's don't come and sit with you while you watch TV or play with a toy mouse. But none of this invalidates keeping T's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

I use the equation with fish. Fish can't be cuddled, only swim around and look pretty. Spiders...move sometimes and look pretty.
    Of course, the reply is that spiders don't look pretty to which I reply that beauty is subjective. End of discussion, usually.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. I impulse bought a scorpion yesterday and after I walked out with it realized I had to stop at another store on the way home. It's just now getting warm here and I wouldn't risk leaving it in the car even for a few minutes. I just put the critter keeper in a plastic shopping bag and tried to play it cool. Luckily, no one asked about it, but I was prepared to argue my case. Imagine if a security guard had asked to see in the bag as I left though... Lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Paul1126

Paul1126 Arachnodemon Active Member

This can't be real. Made me laugh so much though.

This one is golden also, "You keep them locked in cages all the time and don't let them run about for exercise? That is cruel"

I also love the handle them so they become friendly one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BennyBTamachi

BennyBTamachi Arachnosquire Active Member

China
    • Like Like x 2
  7. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelist-musician-artist Arachnosupporter

So oddly enough when I got my P sp. machala, it was really hot out, like 82F in April. And I absolutely needed several things from the grocery store and the people with me didn’t want to go home first from the reptile show so we went to the grocer and since it wasn’t safe to leave the T in the car, my mother put the sling’s container in the bottom of her purse. So we just walked around, like you do, with a baby T whilst buying milk and eggs! Very odd and almost surreal experience to be sure!

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Hilabeanz

Hilabeanz Arachnopeon

Texas
    Acquaintance: "You know, nobody will come to your house to visit anymore."

Me: "Good, it's working."

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

You are asking too much from an inferior species.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

This is highly subjective/controversial, a claim like this is definitely suspect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. PanzoN88

PanzoN88 Arachnolord Active Member

Ohio
    You forgot about emotional support snails (saw one on the news recently)

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. EtienneN

Ummmm...a what now?

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Minty

Minty @londontarantulas Arachnosupporter

London
    My Mum asked me the same question, I always say for the same reasons people keep fish.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dman

Dman Arachnosquire Arachnosupporter

There are only two things in the world that scare me and nuclear war is one of them. The other you ask? Carnies, circus folks, nomads really, small hands and smell like cabbage. (Sorry I could not resist an Austin Powers reference there)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Dman

What if there is an earthquake? We live in southern California.

16. EtienneN

Oh I forgot, I bought a cat leash once along with some crickets and the sales person asked obviously jokingly if I was going to take my spider on a walk; then she asked if I let them roam free for exercise time. Maybe she was still joking?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Dman

It is true!

18. velvetundergrowth

velvetundergrowth Lobopro Arachnosupporter

"They break into a million little pieces if you drop them"

~ Pet Shop Employee

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnoangel Active Member

Little known fact - Tarantula's are made of glass!

20. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Arachnodemon Active Member

Same thing for pet fish. The way that each different species moves around throughout a tank is absolutely mezmerizing...last night I gave my apistogramma some baby brine shrimp for the first time and just watching them hunt was amazing enough.

• Agree Agree x 1