1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dubia with edema in the wing

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by Tarzanus, Feb 11, 2019 at 4:56 AM.

1. Tarzanus

Tarzanus Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    Did any of you notice a roach with some kind of edema - trapped fluid bubble inside the roach wing. It seemed orange like an orange juice. I have euthanized that roach, so I can't post a photo.

Otherwise, the male dubia seemed OK.

2. Ian Brush

Ian Brush Arachnopeon Active Member

Utah
    I have had something similar happen to a male lateralis roach's wing and it didn't effect him or any of the others. He mated, died later, and was fed to ants. No one was effected so I would assume that there is nothing wrong. That was over 3 months ago. The edema was not too large but you could tell there was some swelling. I assume he has just had a bad final molt but I am sure it was something similar to what you are experiencing.

3. Salmonsaladsandwich

Salmonsaladsandwich Arachnobaron Active Member

One time i had a praying mantis (green form chinese mantis) emerge like that. Her wings were filled with a shitton of flourescent green haemolymph, and she died after it ruptured and drained.

• Sad Sad x 1