Dubia Roaches Breeding

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
About a month, The will do that from time to time to air out the sac and rotate the eggs.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Chicken feed is what I use. 50 pounds for $12 bucks at a feed store. They love that crap. Ill throw 5 wet cups of it into each setup before bed and you can't even tell it was there in the morning. Its gone.
Then again I think my colony is nearing 10-15,000.

PsychoSpider

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My B. dubia just get fed dog food lettuce apples and oranges thats it it doesn't have to be complicated. Just think what they eat in infested houses. Sure they cant infest your house in other countrys but they can infest peoples houses where they are in the wild and in that country they would eat the leftovers. All im trying to say is it doesn't have to be complicated.;P

Reanne

Arachnopeon
Anyone mind posting what brand of dog food you feed or have fed to your colony and had no problems? I'm kinda phobic with what brands as I don't want to feed the cheapo brands, but worried if the other more expensive brands have any added pesticides or something.

Dog food Brands widely available in Malaysia
- Eaglepack Holistic and non holistic
- California Natural
- Nutro
- Orijen
- Acana
- Natural Balance
- Solid Gold Hunds n Flocken / Katz n Flocken
- Sigma 7

So far I've only tried Sigma 7 and had no problems at all other than being very very pricey.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Mine was getting that big... and I dont have NEAR the amount of Ts you have!! So last saturday I took the cage outside to clean and the chickens helped me :} I let them eat most of the mature males MUAHAHAHAHAHAH
The chickens are FAT and the cage smells a whole lot better.

Dubias can mature small. I have a lot of HUGE females, and an assortment of smaller rounder looking females. They are a LOT smaller than the big females. I dont know if its a genetic problem.. or what. SO yes, you might have some mature small females. As to why they have babies with no mature male.. I dont know. I had a hisser do that once. I gave a neighbor some nymph hissers. 4 females. Small.. Like about 3/4 of an inch. They grew up and had babies. No joke.. NO male.

I just feed mine everything from fishfood, bread, catfood, dog food, roachfood, and all the edible left overs from preparing fruits and veggies. My mom-In-Law cans a lot so I get all her left over parts she trims. My roaches love canning season.

Brian F.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Chicken feed is what I use. 50 pounds for $12 bucks at a feed store. They love that crap. Ill throw 5 wet cups of it into each setup before bed and you can't even tell it was there in the morning. Its gone.

Yes, please post pics of them when you get a chance. I have to know what that many dubia look like!

Thanks.

Reanne

Arachnopeon
OOoo.. Pics would be nice. :D

Btw, I just realised I have no matured females, but now I have 5 matured males. Do females mature slower than males? If there aren't any matured females and no matured males earlier, how can the nymphs appear? Hmmm.....

Tim Rydén

Arachnopeon
OOoo.. Pics would be nice. :D

Btw, I just realised I have no matured females, but now I have 5 matured males. Do females mature slower than males? If there aren't any matured females and no matured males earlier, how can the nymphs appear? Hmmm.....

tricky:)

btw, when do the males get wings?

BestRoach

Arachnopeon
Most likely a male matured, mated multiple times, then for whatever reason died and his corps was consumed. Either that, or you just can't find the male. Typically, they are much more skittish than the females or even the nymphs. Mine usually go nuts at the slightest jolt...perhaps they know whenever I open the bin several of them are going to the chair {D

Is 10-15k your entire colony, or just breeding adults? If thats breeding adults, then you sir are nuts. Thats close to half a million new roaches every month...many retailers would be jealous :p