Dubia heat question

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Alright, so i was just thinking about what im going to do when it gets really cold, amd i was wondering if a heat pad would do better for dubia on the bottom or on the side. Thanks guys!

Redmont

The collector
The bottom is just fine and it will benifit them just fine as long as temps are controlled, if you put it on the side you will loose heat. Also get a lamp dimmer on Amazon to control the heat, they are fairly cheep.

Redmont

The collector
:D I do keep almost 30 species and I’ll be getting a few new species in the hobby and launching a large website in the spring

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
The bottom is just fine and it will benifit them just fine as long as temps are controlled, if you put it on the side you will loose heat. Also get a lamp dimmer on Amazon to control the heat, they are fairly cheep.
Alright, follow up question: Under the side with the egg crates or the side with the water crystals/food? Granted theres not much space BETWEEN the two...

Redmont

The collector
Alright, follow up question: Under the side with the egg crates or the side with the water crystals/food? Granted theres not much space BETWEEN the two...
I’d put it under the egg flats, that’s what I do and that’s where the roaches spend most of there time + you don’t want your water crystals to dry out to fast.

Redmont

The collector
are you gonna sell roaches?
Yes I’ll sell roaches, plus scorps, true spiders, tarantulas, millipedes, centipedes, true bugs, beetles and maybe some Luna moths if I can get the cocoons to hatch this spring, I’m planing on working on the site this winter and launching it in the spring, I should have many rare species as well as some new species :D

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think a heat lamp is more effective and safer (from fire hazard) than heat pads.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I keep a big heat mat under my dubia colony and always have. My colony thrives with very few losses. I doubt anything dies due to the heat being underneath.