1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Droughts in the hobby

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Nixphat, Jun 11, 2017.

1. cold blood

cold blood ArachnoGod Active Member

Advertisement
    This sp. becoming common would have the largest impact in the hobby...probably the best beginner sp out there, yet, easily the most gorgeous beginner as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nixphat

Nixphat Arachnosquire

Ohio
    I'll have to do some more research on this species, that is very interesting!

3. JoshDM020

JoshDM020 Arachnoknight Active Member

I had to google this one. Looks like a dully colored version of a GBB. Do you own one or know anything about their behavior?

• Like Like x 1
  4. cold blood

duller version? you saw a bad pic...theyre better looking than a gbb imo
    ...the big gold mirror patch just looks great against the blues.

@KezyGLA has a great pic of his that im sure hed be happy to share....my pics dont do it justice.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JoshDM020

JoshDM020 Arachnoknight Active Member

I just meant the orange isnt as vibrant. They werent the best pics, but the GBB does still seem brighter. Which is funny because theres also the oligoxystre diamantinensis which looks like a super sparkly version of the GBB.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cold blood

it is a deeper blue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BobBarley

BobBarley Arachnoprince Active Member

Have you heard of the temperaments of T. lagunas and other similar species/localities? Are there any similar to cyaneolum?

• Like Like x 1
  8. CyclingSam

CyclingSam Arachnosquire

I had an A. moderatum and two A. iodius when I was a teenager. I really want both of those species again. A. iodius I will have soon enough and I am considering breeding a pair of them, but I have no idea when I'll get my hands on another A. moderatum.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoprince Active Member

Its s shame there is basically only WC female T. cyaneo in the hobby. Lets hope we can change that situatuon.

I wish there was more Indian sp. available in the hobby. Apart from Poecs of course

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoprince Active Member

@mack1855 it's peterklaasi, not peterklassi. The species was named after Peter Klaas, not Peter Klas. ;)

As for the species I would like to see more, G.iheringi, the Aphonopelma genus except aberrans, and Homoeomma sp. Red.

• Like Like x 3
  11. mconnachan

mconnachan Arachnoprince Active Member

M.mesomelas is a stunning T, here in the UK their really expensive, for a sling we're talking £50 that's steep, I would like to see more Pamphobeteous sp. in the hobby too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mack1855

mack1855 Arachnosquire Arachnosupporter

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoprince Active Member

Lots of English speaking keepers make that mistake. You simply don't use the 'long aa' very much. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. MGery92

MGery92 Arachnosquire

The others mentioned mostly everything, that comes to my mind first:

Megaphobema mesomelas
    Thrixopelma cyaneolum
    Grammostola iheringi
    Pamphobeteus nigricolor
    Pamphobeteus antinous
    Theraphosa stirmi
    and blondi
    Eupalaestrus campestratus
    Euathlus parvulus
    Ephebopus cyanognathus
    Avicularia geroldi

These are really rare here in Hungary.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nixphat

Nixphat Arachnosquire

Ohio
    It doesn't matter if everyone has named them, it's good to hear what each person would like to see more of. Also, it is very interesting to hear about what species other countries have difficulty finding by comparison ;)

16. gypsy cola

gypsy cola Arachnoknight

I have one, who else has one?

• Like Like x 1
  17. gypsy cola

gypsy cola Arachnoknight

Here is my girl, I suck at pictures. Seeing one in person is...wow. As @cold blood said, if this species became common in the hobby, it would literally change everything. The most gentle spider I have ever come across.

BSP2oC1h-_82xsqVtWjz4b_Rm3GNQNbCTmmYvE0.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  18. Vermis

Vermis Arachnoknight Old Timer

Talked myself into getting another G. iheringi in another topic (had one during my first T stint) but an internet search turns up zilch.

They weren't exactly common back then (had to travel to darkest Wolverhampton and the BTS show to find one) but do they still pop up from time to time - particularly, for my purposes, in the UK?

• Like Like x 1
  19. boina

boina Arachnobaron Active Member

Germany
    And here's mine:

IMG_3598a.jpg

The blue's are striking, but the red is not as prominent as the GBBs, you are right, there. In temperament they resemble a larger, more colorful E. sp. red: calm, curious, very easy to take care of.

(I hope this one will be the Grandma of many little cyaneolums all over Europe one day ;). Counting on you, @KezyGLA :D)

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. BobBarley

BobBarley Arachnoprince Active Member

Um... I don't know if I need to see a doctor but I am literally, physically salivating at the cyaneolum pics...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1