Drinking

Minty

@londontarantulas
I have never seen any of my tarantulas drink. As above, nothing to worry about unless there is a shrivelled looking abdomen.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
They like to do a lot of things when you're not watching so always a good idea to keep a full water dish

sasker

Arachnoprince
You will rarely see them drink (if ever), but if you do it is one of the cutest things to behold. Face dunked in the water, butt in the air, very dramatically :D They stay like this for quite some time, too.

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
Of all my Ts, my LP is the one I caught drinking most of the time. I also witnessed my P. regalis and B. hamorii drink once. But I do catch them dumping substrate on their water dish most of the times.

s dave

Arachnopeon
Of all my Ts, my LP is the one I caught drinking most of the time. I also witnessed my P. regalis and B. hamorii drink once. But I do catch them dumping substrate on their water dish most of the times.
The struggle is real!

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
i have had my T for a week now and I have not seen her drink.
If you are really worried lightly spray a corner of the enclosure, the T may not be used to drinking from standing water. As others have said you will probably hardly ever witness it drinking though.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
It has been my experience that this is a specimen, not species, dependent situation. The most pointed example I have to make my point are my two B. vagans, one I have never seen drink, and rarely do I have to fill its water dish. The other’s dish is empty every few days, and when I fill it, within a few minutes it straddles the dish and drinks for several minutes. It’s a lush.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I have 93 T's (not bragging.......okay, maybe a little), I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen a T drink.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Biggest chance to see them drink is before and after a moult. But if one have a large collection, its not uncommon to see them drink

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I usually witness my tarantulas/true spiders drinking from their water dish late at night. Only seen it about 4 times however.

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
Seen one of mine drink twice, ever. And both times were just before a molt. Never seen either of the others drink.

Flashback

Arachnosquire
I've never seen my drink. I thought I saw him drinking once, but that was false alarm. I was even curious on if he knew where the water dish was even if he was thirsty. I mean he's climbed over it before, so I'm assuming he knows when he is stepping in water ???

Lenita

Arachnopeon
0AF74732-3CDB-42D4-8164-E5822F489D63.jpeg

‘‘Tis a rarity! They probably drink at night. My big T has taken to pooing in her water bowl instead of drinking from it